The role holder coordinates and supervises the implementation of INTERSOS’s medical activities and ensures the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities. S/he disseminates information provides technical support to management and staff and performs administrative functions on medical-related matters.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Participates in the development of the project policy, annual plan, budget review, operational development proposals and reports to donors.
- Participates in exploratory missions, situation assessments (defining medical operational priorities when needed).
- Coordinates and supervises the efficient implementation of the medical activities according to INTERSOS’s standards operating procedures, and through the correct compilation and analysis of the medical database.
- Prepares the medical orders needed to implement the medical activities(s) under his/her responsibility, and identifies non-medical support needs (material, infrastructure, transport, etc.), reporting them to the line manager.
- Examines and inspects the efficacy of all administrative procedures related to patients’ follow-up (card filling, registers, paper exit, discharge, transfers) and ensures correct application according to INTERSOS policies.
- Ensures efficient pharmacy management and monitors the rational use of drugs, supervises the appropriate use of medical devices and anticipating future needs.
- In close coordination with the project coordinator ensures proper management of the medical staff of the project (recruitment, training, induction, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication).
- Facilitates the circulation of information and fluid communication within the team and between the team and the ones involved in other activities.
- Participates in the development of the plan of action together with PMR/FCO/Mental Health.
- Carries out annual individual reviews of medical staffs under his responsibility and delegating the responsibility for carrying out reviews of other personnel.
- Coordinates daily management of the team’s work plan under his/her responsibility.
- Updates the monthly medical data and prepares the monthly medical report for the Project.
- In close coordination with the HR department and the Project Medical Referent, plans and supervises the associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development, and communication) for the medical staff.
- Reports to Project Medical Referent all the medical activities, and close coordinate before to take any decision-action.
- Cooperates with the PMR in ensuring a regular and constructive exchange with the NGO operating in the same area, Hospital representative, MOH representative and other local medical actors.
- Organizes and participates in meetings with other managers in order to ensure smooth collaboration of all departments in terms of activities running.
- Participating in the monthly reports according to guidelines.
- Minimum MBBS and masters in health/nutrition/public health is an added advantage.
- At least 1-2 years of progressive work experience in management of health interventions (NCD, MH, SRH, Nutrition) in the humanitarian sector especially in fragile and unstable environments, of which at least 2 years are at managerial grade or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills and excellence as a team player.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, power point presentation etc.)
- Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills
- Honesty and integrity and able to cope with stressful situations.
- Flexibility & adaptability-Willingness to deploy to the newly liberated local government areas.
- Fluency in English, Kanuri and Hausa will be considered a plus
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”.
ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 3rd April, 2023 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS does not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment. Applications are processed according to the order of arrival. INTERSOS reserves the right to close the offer before the term initially expressed in the advert if an applicant is accepted.
For more information about INTERSOS, go to https://www.intersos.org/en/what-we-do/nigeria/