Midwife Supervisor at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – WaCA
Did you know at NGO Nurses there are various courses that will guide you to become humanitarian nurse and start working with NGOs
You can start by registering on the site you can earn a certificate after completing the course successfully.
For guide you Can join our WHATSAPP AT: CHAT ON WHATSAPP FOR GUIDE
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Midwife Supervisor
- Supervising, supporting, and evaluating the team under his/her responsibility, particularly midwives, midwife assistants and other related staff in her team such as cleaners. Planning and organizing their work (areas, days, absences, visits, holidays, etc) and coaching them in their work with special focus in following all appropriate protocols and procedures.
- Ensuring teamwork and a professional relationship between maternity and other departments.
- Supervising the clinical activities in all the maternity departments and activities such as ante-natal consultations, delivery and after delivery follow up, post-natal consultations, family planning consultations, new-born vaccinations and liaising with the Medical Doctor about the patients who need special care times, visiting hours, etc.
- Ensuring that the staff on duty knows, implements, and always follows the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control in the medical premises ensuring high standards of hygiene in the working environment.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained, cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols, reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Being responsible for the department-related pharmacy activities (stock and consumption monitoring) as well as maintenance of the medical equipment.
- Being responsible for ensuring that all the administrative procedures, patients’ data and documents are filled in correctly and registered for compiling monthly reports reflecting the activity in the department.
- In certain contexts, being responsible for ensuring that the maternity staff is able to identify, receive and provide care to the victims of the SGBV in collaboration with the Obstetrical Gynaecology MD and following the protocols Participates in the team meetings for exchanging information.
- Ensure smooth running of BEMONC activities in MSF supported facilities and notify the MWAM or MTL of any difficulties encountered in the course of the work.
- HR and Administrative- Ensure departmental leave plan and duty roster for all Midwives, Nurses, and incentive staff.
- Ensure that staff under your supervision have at least biannual appraisal.
- Conduct monthly staff meetings and share minutes.
- Ensure maternity referral criteria are adhered to and referral pathway is respected.
- Ensure sterilization process for the instruments and equipment, and ensure that all the nurses and midwives understand the process as well.
- Ensure proper documentations and monitoring of the patients, especially Pantograph during labour. Proper data collection and reporting, while maintaining patients’ CONFIDENTIALLITY.
- Ensure that health education is done at the waiting bay daily, while patients are waiting to be seen.
- Ensure good hygiene and Infection Prevention Control measures for both staff and patient.
- Be able to attend all the necessary project meetings that demand her presence, both at the facility level and in the office.
- Ensure good and Cordial relationship with all other existing departments within the projects, all other staffs in the health facility and external partners.
- Prepare monthly reports and any other report required.
- Any other responsibility assigned to you by your supervisor.
- Interested candidates should possess a BSc in relevant fields.
Application Closing Date
20th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their enclosed application containing CV, Qualifications, License any other important Document, and a Cover Letter with their Contact Details, to: [email protected] using”MIDWIFE SUPERVISOR” as the subject of the mail.
Click here to apply onlineOn