Job Title: Nurse
Position Status: Full-time – 12 Months
INTERNATIONAL WARS AND DISASTERS VICTIMS’ PROTECTION ASSOCIATION (IRVD) is a non -governmental organization established by a group of volunteers in Syria during the crisis in 2012 and registered in the USA, Sweden, and turkey.
IRVD is implementing projects through regional offices in Syria, Turkey, Lebanon, Yemen, Sudan, Iraq, Palestine, and Somalia.
Our work sectors are Health, Nutrition, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Protection, Shelter &Non-food items, Wash and Sanitation.
IRVD also manages development projects, advocates to empower civil societies and local governance
IRVD is seeking a Nurse to be responsible for delivering high quality, effective & compassionate high standards of professional, individualized health care services to all critically ill patients & their families.
Implementation of Program
- Writing necessary medical investigations for patients, patient file information and internal or external referral papers according to the doctor’s instructions.
- Providing the necessary assistance to patients and protecting them from infections and injuries
- Preparing dialysis devices and their accessories before the operation process
- Follow the instructions of the doctor supervising the patient
- Operate the dialysis machine and monitor it during work
- Monitoring patients during the operation process and taking and recording their vital signs
- Suggesting modifying the treatment method according to the patient’s need
- Applying public safety principles and rules and applying infection control procedures
- Explaining the dialysis process to the patient and his companions, and reassuring the patient and taking care of him
- Attending training courses approved by the department, which aim to raise the level of performance of medical and nursing staff in particular. Facilitate patient discharge procedures
- Recording patient data
- Arranging the tools after examining each patient
- Giving injections and treatments as per the doctor’s orders.
- Verify the expiry date of the dispensed medicines.
- Attending training courses approved by the department, aiming to raise the performance of medical and nursing cadres in particular.
- Performing any other tasks assigned to it within its competence.
- To commit to writing his reports and handing them over to his responsible person promptly
- Active participation in the scientific activities carried out by the center.
- Manage the filing and maintenance of all patient records.
- This role reports to the line manager.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and mature manner
- Experience as a nurse for at least two years
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Nursing
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- A sympathetic and friendly personality
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- The ability to multitask
The IRVD and IRVD Staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRVD Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. By these values, the IRVD enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout IRVD. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of IRVD and donor compliance and ethics standards and adhere to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicate these values to staff and partners and require them to adhere to them.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IRVD and amongst beneficiaries served by IRVD
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, IRVD requests its complete employee flexibility in terms of duties and commitment, as their job description and title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
How to apply
if you have any inquiries, please contact us via: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.