- Do you want to do work that really matters? Help us end avoidable blindness
- Full time, Fixed Term Role based in Islamabad, Pakistan
- Closing Date: 19th May 2023
ABOUT THE FRED HOLLOWS FOUNDATION
The Foundation is an international development organisation working to prevent blindness and restore sight. We continue to carry on the legacy of Professor Fred Hollows, who believed every person had the right to quality eye care, no matter where they live. The Foundation is known around the world as an organisation that works with purpose and determination. With a reputation for excellence, we are well known for making change happen.
The Foundation has grown to work in more than 25+ countries throughout Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific, as well as Australia. The Foundation has restored sight to more than 3 million people worldwide. We have an ambitious five-year strategic plan that aims to take us even closer to realising our vision of a world in which no person is needlessly blind, or vision impaired and Indigenous Australians exercise their right to sight and good health.
We are also proud to announce we were awarded the Employer of Choice Award (Public Sector and NFP) at the 2022 Australian HR Awards. The Foundation is also endorsed and in partnership with The Life You Can Save.
To find out more about our work, please visit our website https://www.hollows.org
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate should possess a strong understanding of the trends and standards in development work in Pakistan. They should also have excellent coordination and communication skills, with the ability to effectively liaise with various stakeholders. In addition, the ideal candidate should have exceptional written and spoken skills in English, which will enable them to communicate their work clearly and effectively. They should be highly organized individuals who can manage information efficiently and possess the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
The Program Manager is accountable for the planning, design and operational delivery of the Pakistan program aligned to the Country strategy and the Foundation’s strategic framework.
The Program Manager will own the outcomes of:
- Lead the development, planning, coordination, and implementation of the country program in line with strategic objectives and internal systems that include accountability and evidence-based outcomes.
- Develop new project ideas for the country Program ensuring alignment with strategic objectives and local need.
- Undertake advocacy and build relationships with stakeholders, including government officials and other NGOs that lead to outcomes that contribute to the ending of avoidable blindness in the local context.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills to be able to develop new initiatives, identify critical issues, build capacity and standardize processes.
- Manage partner relationships within the agreed governance frameworks of FHF, Australia and Pakistan.
- Collaborate across the country team to develop and maintain strong relationships internally and with all partners.
- Build capability within the team to drive a culture of engagement and collaboration within The Foundation.
- Accountable for budget and variance management of the program implemented.
- Other tasks as requested by your manager
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Management, International / Community Development, Public Administration, Sociology, Public health
- Minimum 7/8 years of progressive work experience, preferably in the development sector with a local or international development organization.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Senior officer position/ supervisory role
- Demonstrated experience in areas of Project Design and development, implementation and M & E.
- Experience in dealing with a variety of Government ministries, local and international donor organizations, and other partners.
- Knowledge of health development issues, especially in health systems reforms and advocacy issues in the context of Pakistan.
How we recognise your contribution
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where you will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or finding an environment which enables you to thrive while balancing family or personal commitments, we have a range of programs in place to support you.
How to apply
Applications should be made via our Website , and should include your resume and cover letter. Please address your cover letter to the Talent Acquisition Team and include a response to the “About You”, “Key Responsibilities” and “What You’ll Need to Succeed” sections of the advert.
Applications Close: 19th May 2023
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to ensuring our projects and activities are implemented in a safe and productive environment that prevents harm and avoids impacting the health and safety of all people, particularly children, vulnerable people and disadvantaged groups. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.
The Foundation is also committed to protecting the health of our beneficiaries, donors and partners and require incumbents of this role to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where medical conditions may make vaccination harmful to their health).
Please be advised:
- Fred Hollows Foundation will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active roles are advertised directly on our website here.
- Please note we will not be accepting CV’s via agencies for this role.