Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health, Psychosocial Support and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2021, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 25 million people in more than 46 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Your main objective is to define the strategy, guaranteeing the quality, relevance and scaling of the Nutrition & Health strategy and interventions at the mission, in conformity with ACF and international standards and national policies and in line with the Mission’s localization agenda.
More specifically, you will be in charge of:
– Contributing to the definition of the country strategy and the Nutrition & Health department’s positioning
– Coordinating the identification of needs, and formulating the project proposals
– Designing, developing, and evaluating actions in the field of nutrition and health
– Monitoring and coordinating programmes in the fields of nutrition and health
– Supporting technically the Nutrition and Health team
– Developing and launching programmes in collaboration with governmental and local agencies
– Representing Action Contre la Faim and its positioning at the local level, including coordination and collaboration with other actors ;
You have a medical background with a specialization in nutrition, public health, or general medicine, with at least 5 years of experience in humanitarian contexts, including at least 3 years in a coordination position.
You have a demonstrated experience in the management of malnutrition, healthcare organizations support, and in the implementation of humanitarian responses in an emergency context (with emphasis in community-based prevention activities as well as in maternal and child health).
You are recognised for your communication skills with partners and authorities, with proven English oral and writing skills (project writing, reporting, etc).
A former experience with ACF and an understanding of either Ukrainian or Russian is a plus.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– 6 months fixed term contract under French legislation
– Monthly gross salary from 2597 to 2968 EUR upon experience
– Monthly per diem and living allowance: 686EUR net, field paid
– Monthly country allowance: 450EUR
– Cold allowance: Reimbursement of purchase of winter equipment to a maximum of 380EUR per person per year in severe cold contexts
– Child allowance: 1500EUR per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000EUR/year)
– 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
– Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
– Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (social security + health insurance) and repatriation insurance
– Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 EUR at each RnR period
– Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.