Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a women-led legally registered, local not-for-profit, faith-based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was founded in 2004 by Josephine Ogazi and Joseph Egwuonwu. WEWE started out as a Community Based Organisation (CBO) with the aim of providing scholarships and economic empowerment to orphans and widows in Okigwe, Imo State and has since expanded its aims and objectives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Case Worker (Volunteer)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are receiving applications from qualified candidates to fill in the positions of Community Case Workers which is a volunteer position.
- The Community Case Workers will assist with carrying out nutritional intervention for malnourished children under 5 years old in FCT.
- This volunteer position is being recruited strictly on merit, we do not have an already existing candidate, and we are sincerely looking for the best candidate that can add value to the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- S/he will conduct house-to-house screening of children under the age of five on malnutrition
- S/he will record all cases of children identified to have severe and moderate acute malnutrition into the program.
- S/he will provide nutritional education to mothers and care givers and interventions to address malnutrition in the communities.
- S/he will refer all cases of severe acute malnutrition with complications to health care facilities for treatment.
- S/he will Input data on excel and kobo collect software on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- S/he will establish a strong working relationship with community and health care facilities stakeholders to address the challenges of malnutrition within the communities.
- S/he will provide regular update on the nutritional situation of children under the age of five in their respective communities.
- S/he will follow up with children treated of malnutrition to prevent relapse
- S/he will conduct MUAC screening for under-five children in selected communities and household.
- S/he will conduct bilateral pitting oedema assessment for under-five children in selected communities.
- S/he will determine MAM and SAM cases and refer using appropriate referral system.
- S/he will follow-up on recovered cases to ensure non-relapse.
- S/he will report to supervisor as needed.
- S/he will carry out any duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have minimal of WASCE, WAEC or OND Degree in Nutrition, Home Economics, Nursing, Community Health Care Workers, and other Health-related courses
- Must be able to write well and read well.
- Must be resident in the FCT
- Experience working with malnourished children – helping malnourished children improve their status.
- Experience working as a nurse assistance, creche assistant, early child day care or nurse nursery assistant, traditional birth attendant, nannies that have experience looking after children under 5 years old., home economics teacher assistant, early child development, school care worker, management, home economics, nutrition and child development.
- Practical knowledge of how to measure Mid Upper Arm Circumference (MUAC) for Moderate Acute Malnutrition (MAM), Infant Young Children Feeding (IYCF) and Severe Acute Malnutrition (SAM) and Community Based Management of Acute Malnutrition (MAM)
- Experience in on-field nutrition activities
- Previous experience in screening, health education and stakeholder engagement on nutrition programs.
- Ability to write Reports of activities carried out.
Application Closing Date
17th April, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Applicants should provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on their CVs as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- Applications will be reviewed on a first-come-first-served basis. WEWE reserves the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected. While WEWE thanks all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.
- “WEWE is an equal opportunity employer, which promotes diversity and does not discriminate based on tribe, state of origin within Nigeria, religion, age, sex, race or on different physical ability”.
- “WEWE’s organizational culture promotes the principles of safeguarding and high moral values. WEWE’s Safeguarding Policy 2022 promotes an environment where no staff, associates, volunteers, case workers, consultants, board members, and partners engage in a sexual relationship, harass, or exploit anyone under the age of 18 or vulnerable adult, especially our beneficiaries”.
- “WEWE’s organizational culture also has zero tolerance for corrupt practices. Therefore, for any of our job vacancies, we advise that applicants do not offer or accept any request for money, favors, or gifts from anyone to facilitate an employment opportunity with WEWE. Applicants found engaging in such practices could jeopardize their chances of being selected. If anyone contacts, you with such an offer please report this immediately to WEWE management on this WhatsApp line 09037811024”.