Frontline AIDS is looking for a consultant or consultancy to take on a piece of work to:
Project to increase access to harm reduction services for injecting drug users in Burundi.
The Nyumviriza project aims to contribute to the development of a community harm reduction (RdR) response, i.e. to
aim for empowerment and capacity building through the active participation of drug users. Drug users must contribute
to the definition of the necessary health responses and the means to combat the stigma and exclusion of which they
are victims. They will therefore be involved in the project by being involved from the planning phase, implementation,
and evaluation of the project.
To increase drug users’ access to RdR services, it will also be essential to work with health authorities. But also, the
effective implementation of RdR programmes also requires the active participation of the national and local
communities concerned (communal administrators and provincial governors), the judiciary and the police.
We are seeking proposals from individual consultants and consultancies who have experience in the
- Harm reduction
- Key population programming especially people who inject with drugs/ LGBTQ+
- HIV/AIDS programming with focus on People who use drugs.
- Integrated health service delivery- such as HIV/AIDS, harm reduction, psychosocial support, gender, and economic empowerment
- Experience in conducting evaluations in the field of common health.
The application package will include:
- A technical offer (maximum 10 pages) and a financial offer (Narrative and Excel file)
- A cover letter (1page),
- The Curriculum Vitae of the 2 consultants, specifying 3 reference persons and not exceeding 3 pages each.
- the above-mentioned supporting documents (copies of evaluation reports and certificates of good execution).
Please see the terms of reference for this consultancy for more details in terms of the required skills and
experience by clicking on the link.
30/04/2023 at 12 noon, Bujumbura time
The overall proposal of the 2 consultants must be presented in the form of an Excel table, with amounts expressed in
euros, for a total not exceeding 20.000 € (twenty thousand euros), including the international consultant’s travel.
How to apply
Applications may also be sent to the below email:
- All applications must be sent to the e-mail: [email protected] until Sunday 30/04/2023 at 12 noon, Bujumbura time; specifying: Application interim evaluation of the Nyumviriza Project