Technical Advice Connect Limited/GTE (TA Connect) is a non-profit organization registered in 2021 and based in Nigeria to bring innovative solutions to the provision of Technical Assistance (TA) services across Africa. TA Connect was established by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) to deliver tailored and cohesive support for states in Nigeria by strengthening their PHC systems and enhancing PHC service delivery. As an innovative platform, we respond to state TA priorities to promote sustainable improvements in state Primary Healthcare (PHC) systems’ performance and increase uptake of Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child, and Adolescent Health and Nutrition (RMNCAH+N) services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant, Monitoring and Evaluation
Job Description (JD) / Scope of Work (SOW)
This job description (JD)/scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Consultant, Monitoring, and Evaluation, to Technical Advice Connect LTD/GTE (TAConnect), a non-profit organization registered in 2021 and based in Nigeria to bring innovative solutions to the provision of Technical Assistance (TA) services to states in Nigeria.
- TAConnect was established by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) to deliver tailored and cohesive support to states in Nigeria by strengthening their PHC systems and enhancing PHC service delivery. As an innovative platform, we respond to state TA priorities to promote sustainable improvements in state Primary Healthcare (PHC) systems’ performance and increase uptake of Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child, and Adolescent Health and Nutrition (RMNCAH+N) services. We value trust and transparency, excellence, teamwork, respect, innovation, and sustainability, in all our program operations and stakeholder engagement.
- The Consultant, Monitoring, and Evaluation will provide strategic support to the Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning unit of TAConnect. He/She will work collaboratively to develop innovative and well-structured solutions to TAConnect in accordance with donor requirements, TAConnect principles and policies, core values, and with effective risk management.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Support the delivery of both ad hoc and programmed M&E-related capacity building to both internal and external stakeholders of TAConnect in line with current best practices.
- Collaborate with TAConnect technical staff in advance of solicitations to design requirements, the scope of work, and deliverables on all M&E aspects of anticipated projects/TAConnect activities.
- Support the review and design of appropriate methodologies, data management, and reporting mechanism, and evaluation approaches that improve the visibility of TAConnect projects.
- Support the development of templates and tools for the tracking of program indicators, measuring performance against benchmarks/targets, and tracking trends of project performance.
- Avail technical expertise to define the structure, data collection frequency, and data collection methodology for the M&E framework indicators to reduce missed opportunities for quality data.
- Work with the technical team to set beneficiary and other targets, including the identification of relevant indicators and the creation of custom indicators, for the proposal.
- Support the MEL unit with the development of the MEL plan, update, and mapping of results appropriately on the results framework for TAConnect projects.
- Identify potential risks in the TAConnect M&E implementation approach and associated preventive actions.
- Support the development of a data demand and use plan for TAConnect.
- Assess and refine MEL approaches proposed in sub-grantee applications through application assessments.
- Support the development of a performance management and feedback mechanism for TAConnect sub-awardees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science / Social Science discipline, Public Health, or a related field.
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant work experience, 10 of which must be in an M&E Lead position, with responsibility for implementing M&E activities for BMGF or international donor-funded development projects.
- Experience leading the designing and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation systems for public health programs/projects or logistic services in Nigeria.
- Advanced knowledge of evaluation methodologies, sampling techniques, data collection, and analysis techniques.
- Experience with deploying management information systems (MIS), and digital tools (particularly e-health and m-health) platforms is highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience in working with government structures at central or sub-national levels. Familiarity with donor-funded requirements for managing information systems, data management, data security, and reporting.
- Strong skills in project monitoring, interpretation, and evaluation of data and good knowledge of public health programs, strategies, methods, processes, and techniques
- Ability to facilitate training/workshops and present technical and strategic Information data in a clear and concise manner to audiences with varying degrees of knowledge/experience.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills: must function well in a team setting.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- The Consultant, Monitoring, and Evaluation will work closely with the MEL Manager and under the overall supervision of the Technical Director.
- Working Conditions / Duration of Assignment
- This is a short-term position for 30 days, based in Abuja, Nigeria but may require a few travels to Northeast Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
28th February 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV, Cover Letter, as a single document (PDF or Doc or Docx.) to: [email protected] using “Consultant, Monitoring and Evaluation” as the subject of the email.
- Only successful candidates at this pre-qualification stage will be contacted.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.