Médecins Sans Frontières, an international humanitarian medical association created in 1971, provides medical assistance to populations whose lives are threatened: mainly in the event of armed conflict, but also epidemics, pandemics, natural disasters or exclusion from care. The French section is present in around thirty countries.
The Intersectional Legal Department of MSF is made up of legal advisers and managers under a single Directorate which advises the various operational centers of MSF in a harmonized and pooled manner. It is made up of 6 thematic areas (1. IHL, 2. Medico-Legal, 3. HR & Duty of care 4. Legal and administrative framework 5. Governance 6. Innovation, medical research and data protection).
The legal department is looking for a Generalist Legal Intern: Employment Law, National and/or International Criminal Law, Litigation (criminal and civil procedure) .
The MSF Legal Department provides advice and generalist/privatist legal support to the teams of Médecins Sans Frontières both in the field and at headquarters.
Within the legal department you will be attached to thematic poles 1, 2 and 3.
Your main activities are, in support of humanitarian operations, and across the different jurisdictions where MSF activities are implemented:
- Drafting of notes, tools and guidelines intended for operational staff in the field;
- Drafting and correction of various contracts in English and French;
- Management of disputes related to human resources in our countries of operation (negotiations, litigation);
- Management of litigation cases in the field (social, criminal);
- Various legal research under different legislations (medico-legal, social law, international humanitarian law);
- Archiving of confidential medico-legal records.
EFB PPI internship / Holder of a Master 2 / Science Po law school / Other equivalent profile.
- Training sought: Labor law, national and/or international criminal law, or health law.
- Knowledge of international humanitarian law would be an asset.
- Experience in a law firm or business or a legal department of at least 6 months, involving the drafting of contracts and/or the management of litigation.
Languages: Very good level of English and French, especially in writing (50% of work in English).
Status: 6-month full-time internship from July 3 to December 22, 2023, based in Paris, metro Jaurès. Compulsory internship agreement.
**Conditions:**Compensation according to level of studies (from €4.48/hour Bac +3 to €6.55/hour Bac +5 and more). Package of 20 restaurant vouchers / per month, with a face value of €11 (60% covered by Médecins Sans Frontières); 2 days of compensated rest per month; Support for 50% of the public transport subscription (no support for train tickets for residents outside Ile de France coming to work in Paris).
Position to be filled : July 2023.
Our wish is to promote inclusion and diversity. We also want to improve the representation of people with disabilities in our workforce.
How to apply
Only candidates whose files have been selected will be contacted.