CARING – INNOVATING – TOGETHER:
Since its creation in 2009, ALIMA has treated more than 10 million patients and today deploys its operations in 12 African countries. In 2021 we developed 67 humanitarian medical response projects to meet the needs of populations affected by conflicts, epidemics and extreme poverty. All of these projects are carried out in support of national authorities through nearly 357 health facilities (including 45 hospitals and 312 health facilities). Whenever possible We work in partnership with local NGOs to ensure that our patients benefit from the best and most relevant expertise wherever it is, whether within their own country or in the rest of the world. In addition, to improve the humanitarian response, we are carrying out operational and clinical research projects particularly in the field of the fight against malnutrition and viral hemorrhagic fevers.
ALIMA’S TEAM: more than 2000 people are currently working for ALIMA. The field teams, closest to the patients, receive their support from coordination teams generally based in the countries’ capitals. These receive support from the 4 desk teams and the emergency and opening team based at the operational headquarters in Dakar, Senegal. The Paris and New York teams are actively working to raise funds and represent ALIMA. The rest of the ALIMA Galaxy includes individuals and partner teams working on behalf of other organizations such as medical NGOs BEFEN, ALERT Health, SOS Doctors / KEOOGO, AMCP, research organizations PACCI and INSERM, Bordeaux or Copenhagen Universities, the INGO Solidarités International and many others.
COUNTRIES WHERE WE WORK: Mali, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Nigeria, Niger, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Cameroon, Guinea,, Sudan, Mauritania, Ukraine.
THE WORK WE DO covers: Malnutrition, Maternal Health, Primary Health, Pediatrics, Malaria, Epidemics (Ebola, Cholera, Measles, Dengue, Lassa Fever), Hospitalization, Emergencies, Gender Based Violence, Opening / Closing.
ALIMA IN SUDAN
ALIMA has been present in Sudan since 2021 with projects in South Kordofan and Khartoum states. In 2023, ALIMA plans to open a new project in North Darfur and expand the on-going project in South Kordofan, depending upon the availability of donor funds. The coordination team, including the Head of Mission, is based in Khartoum with several movements to the field in order to support the project team and ensure smooth operations on the ground. In addition to this support, the coordination will be responsible to analyze and propose new operations, renew and update the legal and administrative framework, strengthen relations with Federal and state authorities, MoH, and partners (UN, INGOs, NGOs, Donors) in the country.
In this phase, the Head of Mission based in Khartoum will focus on securing funding with the support of the Desk in Dakar to open new projects as well as continue building strategic relationships and networking.
PROTECTION OF BENEFICIARIES AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS
Level 3: As part of his/her duties, the incumbent will visit programs and come into contact with children and/or vulnerable adults. Therefore, a criminal record check or a certificate of good character will be required. In situations where a criminal record or character reference is not available, a statement of good character will be required.
Mission Location: South, Khartoum
MISSION AND MAIN ACTIVITIES
You are responsible for the implementation and safety of activities on your mission
You ensure that the teams have the means to achieve their objectives and support them in the development of their skills
- Analysis and strategic planning
- Representation and Partnership:
- Search for funding and donor relations
- Implementation, monitoring, evaluation of activities
- Supervision and management of support departments
- Security : Responsible
- Human Resources Management
- Implementation of prevention measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a position requiring a high degree of versatility in a humanitarian setting is essential;
- Knowledge in a technical humanitarian field
- Experience in team management, project management, implementation of intervention strategies and security management is essential;
- You have a Master’s degree, ideally in humanitarian programme coordination, international development or international relations, with successful experience in medical programme management.
Technical and relational skills
- Analytical and synthesis skills ;
- Very strong ability to network and conduct active pro-active lobbying.
- Ability to organize, adapt and lead a team;
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills;
- Coolness, patience and professional maturity;
- Essential writing skills; Oral and written English is essential; French and/or Arabic is an asset.
WHY JOIN ALIMA
ALIMA is committed to the well-being of its employees and fully covers accident and health risks. Our break policy allows our employees to return regularly to their families. Stress management training is systematically offered. Psychological support is available at all times.
Salary: According to the ALIMA salary scale + Experience + Per Diem
ALIMA pays for :
- Common accommodation paid for by ALIMA
- Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location
- Daily per diem according to the ALIMA per diem policy of the country and in proportion to the presence of the expatriate in the country of mission
- Health insurance paid by ALIMA for the expatriate and his/her dependents.
- Airline tickets for breaks every 3 months for contracts over 9 months.
- Evacuation of the employee
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter online. Applications are processed in the order of arrival.
ALIMA reserves the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if an application is accepted. Only complete applications (CV + Letter of Motivation in PDF format) will be considered.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged.