The Health Assistant reports to him/her the National Health Officer and the Project Manager.
The position is based on:
- RET Local Office (Puerto Ordaz – Bolívar State)
Management, Monitoring and Control:
- Support the planning, implementation and management of infection control and prevention of the project at community levels, including the generation of strategic alliances, information and knowledge management.
- Implement the actions of the medical area of the Health component in accordance with the objectives, indicators and results of the project, complying with the established Operational Plan.
- Support the correct implementation of the operational and financial procedures of the project according to the instruments, procedures and standards of the organization and oriented to the objectives of the project.
- Support the preparation of periodic execution reports on the established institutional criteria, and guarantee the collection and quality of the means of verification.
- Support community water, sanitation and hygiene volunteers in the implementation of training programs and educational material for the community and staff of health establishments.
- Assist community water, sanitation and hygiene volunteers in the different actions related to work in different communities and health establishments.
- Ensure the adequate organization, digitalization, presentation and consolidation of the data and instruments collected in the activities that are carried out, in accordance with the guidelines determined by the Monitoring and Evaluation department.
- Provide information to the National Health Official about the implementation of the project and the context, about the Health component.
- Other binding tasks assigned by the Country Office and/or project manager
Institutional guidelines and standards:
- Contribute their professional and technical knowledge and experience in spaces of interaction or synergy with RET programs and teams.
- Support the processes of systematization of experiences and good practices in relation to the components of the project, its internal and external articulations in support of the organization’s knowledge management.
- Maintain proper communication internally and externally.
- Develop a positive working relationship to contribute to teamwork, good communication and the achievement of objectives.
- Support the development of new proposals.
- Incorporate the values that guide institutional action in the development of interventions.
- Fully comply with internal policies, guaranteeing that the activities and their performance comply with the provisions of the Code of Conduct, the Safety Manual and the Procedures Manual of the organization.
- Transparently manage institutional resources effectively and efficiently fulfilling the entrusted tasks.
- Ensure the safety and maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Propose alternative solutions to problems that arise in the work area, from a constructive perspective.
- Guarantee the fulfillment of the activities incorporating creativity, innovation and initiative in order to overcome the obstacles that arise in the development of the work.
- Maintain confidentiality in the handling of sensitive matters and of particular interest to security and the institution. Other binding tasks assigned by the Project Management
Qualifications and requirements:
- University title or nursing technician or similar.
- Two (2) minimum years of verifiable experience in Venezuela in similar functions working with people in vulnerable situations; population in need of international protection, migrants and at risk from natural and/or man-made events, preferably with experience in community health work.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in (from work experience):
- Indispensable: Operation of medical assistance services, in rural and/or peri-urban areas.
- Development, planning, execution and monitoring of projects preferably related to health response, and with a focus on rights, gender, intergenerational and interculturality.
- Knowledge of the National Health System and international standards for health response in crisis, emergency and disaster situations.
- Experience in reporting, data collection and analysis, information management and systematization.
- Experience and knowledge in facilitation strategies (pedagogy and andragogy)
- Knowledge in infection prevention and control, according to standards issued by the World Health Organization, the Pan American Health Organization, the Ministry for Popular Power for Health, and local health authorities.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the design of training programs in Health, including development of educational material and monitoring and evaluation instruments.
- Experience in international cooperation and the functioning of non-governmental organizations, UN agencies and other international organizations, local and regional governments.
- Management of Internet-based collaborative tools (Office365, Dropbox, Google Drive, We-Transfer, Google Calendar, Hitracks or similar).
- Excellent Spanish (spoken and written) and desirable English.
- Availability to travel, Essential to Venezuela, within the national territory of this country.
RET is an Equal Opportunity Employer
**** ** ****
How to apply
Applications must be sent to the email [email protected] before May 31, 2023, indicating in the subject of the email: “Application to the position of Health Assistant – Puerto Ordaz”, attaching the following documents:
- Signed letter, addressed to RET, indicating the motivation to apply and the economic expectation.
- Updated resume with at least three verifiable employment references.
RET is an Equal Opportunity Employer
**** ** ****