Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intends to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hygiene Promotion Assistant
Overall Purpose of the Role
- Under the direct supervision of the WASH engineer the hygiene promotion assistant is responsible to support the implementation of hygiene promotion and water supply activities by using appropriate hygiene promotion approaches, with required standard and principles, and level of participation.
- The position holder is also responsible for community hygiene volunteers (CHVs) selection & verification, community mobilization, and proper management of resources under the project.
- Assist in preparing/modifying training modules for the promotion of hygiene practices at household and communities’ level.
- Assist in conducting door-to-door and communities’ visits to identify gaps in terms of hygiene, sanitation and use of water.
- Organize hygiene promotion awareness raising sessions.
- Mobilize communities to adapt safe hygiene practices as promoted by the project (personal and community hygiene).
- Assist in conducting training sessions for community members and CHVs.
- Conduct focus group discussion for women and girls to identify location for construction of WASH facilities.
- Write weekly activity reports.
- Assist in the process of beneficiaries’ selection for NFIs.
- Assist in beneficiaries’ registration.
- Assist in distribution of hygiene and other WASH related tool kits to the relevant beneficiaries.
- Conduct random visits to CHVs awareness sessions.
- Ensure timely and efficient monitoring of project activities.
- Conduct needs assessments of the current situation in the targeted area for the aspects linked with WASH issue to draw future interventions.
- Identify opportunities for new initiatives based on the indigenous knowledge of the communities and give recommendations in writing of new WASH projects/proposal.
- Assist in the design and implementation of other complementary relief & rehabilitation interventions (including livelihoods, WASH, education, Shelter, DRR and emergency preparedness, etc.)
- Work in close cooperation with all key stakeholders including government authorities, community leaders, beneficiaries, and other providers of emergency relief/early recovery.
- Perform any other task assigned by Supervisor or/and Senior Management.
- Minimum experience of 1-2 years.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Hygiene promotion experience in local community and emergency context.
- Experience of community mobilization and NFI distribution.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Good command spoken and written English and in local language of Zamfara.
- Knowledge of conceptual tools (e.g. logical framework) is an asset.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing.
- Working experience with INGOs/NGOs is preferred.
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, including sensitivity to local cultures.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all stakeholders.
Application Closing Date 12th September, 2023.
Method of Application Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only applicants who are indigene of Zamfara state are encouraged to apply. .