Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of origin, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Learning Officer Support for the Medical Department – MSF Belgium – Brussels
The Learning Solutions and the Learning Support circles are part of the People Development Hub of MSF OCB (Operational Center Brussels).
The Learning Solution circle defines and develops learning opportunities which aim at narrowing the gap between MSF staff expected competencies and their real skills to allow them to grow in the organization.
As Learning Officer (LO) Support you work under the Learning Solution Team leader and the Medical Technical Manager and in close collaboration with the other Learning And Development members.
Assist in preparing and delivering our training offer.
Support the development/implementation of the onboarding and induction process for the medical department.
- Prepare the Project Medical Referent onboarding and the elaborated version of entry level onboarding for medical staff.
- Course development: together with the technical referents from the department prepares the new learning events:
- Conduct the needs analysis
- Prepare the program for the event
- Course Coordination:
- Confirm availability of training facilitators;
- Brief and debrief the training facilitators: present the training plan / outline (with LO)
- Focal point for logistics (facilities, catering, schedule, handout printing, etc.) before, during and after the training for facilitators and participants;
- In charge of the overall group dynamic.
Education & Experience
- Educational background in social science, ideally in pedagogy; or acquired through equivalent professional experience
- Minimum 6 months of MSF field experience required
- Experience in organizing learning/training events
- Project management skills
- Very good command of English and French
- Expected starting date: March-April 2023
- Location*: Brussels (Belgium)
- Contract type: Fixed-term contract – Full time (up to 40% of homeworking possible)
- Contract duration: 1 year
- Salary according to MSF-OCB HQ grid
- Meal Vouchers – Hospital Insurance (DKV) – Pension Plan – 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
*Due to administrative constraints, given the duration of the contract, candidates must already have the permanent right and/or a valid work permit to work in the mentioned location.
Deadline for applications: 22 March 2023
Online applications to submitted via the following link. When clicking on this link, you will be directed to our online application tool.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.