Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health, Psychosocial Support and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2021, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 25 million people in more than 46 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
The recent development in Ukraine have led over 7.6 million refugees to flee over the borders from Ukraine and a further 6.3 million have been displaced within Ukraine. The estimated 17,7 million people that are stranded in Ukraine face shortages of basic needs such as water, food and medicine.
5,796,748 refugees have crossed the Polish border, 591,947 refugees have crossed the Moldavian border and 1,127,998 refugees the Romanian border. This situation has led ACF France to open Country Offices, in Ukraine, Poland and Romania and ACF Spain in Moldova. ACF has deployed a regional multi-sectorial strategy through direct implementation and partnership. Core activities are Food Security & Livelihood (canned and dry food distribution, hot meals, cash) and Mental Health & Care Practices (psychosocial support, PFA training, Baby Friendly Space, psychiatric referrals). In Ukraine strategy includes WASH activities (rehabilitation/repair of centralized water and sanitation networks as well as gas networks and boiler plants, minor repair of Collective/Transit Centers and hygiene kit distribution) as well as Health & Nutrition ones (primary health care structures support). In Ukraine ACF intervenes in the East (Dnipro, Kharkiv and Zapporizhzhia in particular), the West (Vinnytsia and Chernivtsi) and is extending its coverage to the southern part of the country (Odessa and Mykolaiv).
Regarding MHPSS : after one year of intervention in Ukraine, the MHPSS response deploys key activities through strategic partnerships across the country and direct implementation in the East. The MHPSS teams collaborate with civil society organizations to share mutual expertise and technical knowledge to strengthen the capacity to respond to the needs.
As MHPSS Head of Department, you will role is to ensure the quality, relevance and technical innovation of the MHPSS strategy and interventions in Ukraine. In addition, you will contribute to the definition of the country strategy while coordinating the needs identification project proposal writing. You thus support the MHPSS Program Managers in the implementation of these projects and represent the ACF in national and international bodies for MHPSS.
More specifically, your priorities will be to :
– Provide leadership to the MHPSS team;
– Ensure performance of the MHPSSP programs and adherence to technical standards;
– Coordinate with partners supporting and building their capacities
– You hold a Master degree in Psychology;
– You have at least 3 years experience in a similar position;
– You have experience in leadership and have developped excellent managerial and supervisory skills;
– You have experience in project management; in emergency and in humanitarian environment;
– Excellent planning skills;
– English is mandatory, Ukrainian and/or Russian would be a string asset
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– Fixed term contract under French legislation: 6 to 12 months
– Monthly gross salary from 2597 to 2968EUR upon experience
– Reimbursement of the pension insurance for non-French citizens: 16% of the gross monthly salary
– Annual salary increase: 6% increase after and each 12 months of continuous contract
– Monthly per diem and living allowance: 686EUR net, field paid
– Monthly country allowance: 450EUR
– Cold allowance: Reimbursement for the purchase of winter equipment for a maximum of 380EUR per person per year in severe cold contexts
– Child allowance: 1500EUR per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000EUR/year)
– Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
– Medical coverage: ACF covers 100% of the social security, health insurance, and repatriation insurance agreement fees.
– Salary sustainment measures (sickness, paternity, maternity)
– Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year, airfare reimbursement with a ceiling to get to the chosen break destination, and 215 EUR for each RnR period
– Accompaniment and trainings: – Follow-up and support for career development
– Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
– Other benefits (gifts vouchers; birth, wedding, etc…)
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
How to apply
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here