Lily Hospitals Limited, established since 1986 remains one of the foremost hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON). We are also consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse Intern
Location: Warri, Delta
Employment Type: Internship
- The Nursing officer must have a valid practicing Licensed to carry out the job function of Registered nurses who are often the key monitor of patients’ health through observing and assessing their records, symptoms, and reactions to treatment and care.
- They often have extensive interaction with patients’ families as well, guiding and instructing them in aftercare measures.
- The job function can vary depending on where they are drafted to work and the peculiar needs of the particular patients they care for.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
The key result areas of this role are:
- Assess and evaluate patients’ needs for, and responses to, care rendered.
- Apply sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions.
- Administer over-the-counter and prescribed medications as ordered.
- Collaborate with the nursing team to create a Plan of Care for all patients.
- Direct and guide ancillary personnel and maintain standards of professional nursing care.
- Exhibiting good working relationship with doctors, pharmacist, billing unit, front desk, health visitors, social workers, radiographers, nutritionist, counselor and physiotherapist.
- Recording of all objective data.
- Empowering the patient to make choices and decisions in order to instill a sense of control over medical issues and personal health
- Showing compassion and helping to alleviate fear and anxiety by maintaining a calm presence, answering questions and addressing concerns
- Treating the patient with dignity and respect and exhibiting an awareness of age, gender, racial, cultural and religious differences
- Expressing empathy toward patients in an attempt to understand what they are experiencing
- Communicating therapeutically by the use of touch, making eye contact, speaking directly to the patient, exhibiting a calm and unhurried manner, allowing time to respond to questions and responding appropriately to body language.
- Minimum Academic qualification of BNSC Nursing
- Must have basic Computer appreciation knowledge
- Outstanding Communication in English language (Oral and Written)
- Good interpersonal managerial relationship
Application Closing Date
15th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.