Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Officer
Locations: Karasuwa, Yobe and Madagali, Adamawa
- The Nutrition Officer is responsible for overseeing all nutrition activities at designated OTP sites supported by Plan International.
- Overall responsibilities will include day-to-day supports of nutritional activities in the health facilities, monitoring of activities, preparation and submission of quality reports, coordination with other sectors and government authorities including the MoH, Hospital Management Board and State Primary Healthcare Development Agency.
Dimensions of the Role
- The Nutrition Officer will lead the implementation of CMAM activities in the LGA by liasing with government ministries, departments and bureaus at the LGA levels.
- S/He will be responsible for ensuring compliance with organizational and statutory policies and regulations and also has the responsibility to ensure compliance with the implementation of emergency/recovery and resilience-focused nutrition responses in line with applicable government policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- In collaboration with other Nutrition program staff, oversee the implementation of the CMAM project in the LGA.
- Working with the support of the Project Coordinator, ensure that Nutrition programs utilize standardized protocols, policies and guidelines, as outlined by the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) and WHO. Ensure that all Nutrition activities are consistent with international best practices.
- Contribute to the growth of Food Security & Nutrition program in Nigeria through quality implementation of project activities, adequate monitoring and timely reporting as needed, working in conjunction with other colleagues.
- Ensure robust data collection and information management systems are in place for ongoing monitoring of Nutrition program activities
- Participate in the design of rigorous M&E plans and design nutrition information systems
- Work with the Project Coordinator to ensure appropriate use of program resources
- Organize planned trainings for nutrition staff and ensure that FMOH and WHO guidelines are used for all trainings which should be delivered in a quality manner.
- In collaboration with the project team and SPHCDA, organize regular supportive supervision to all supported health facilities, provide mentoring and technical support and appropriate feedback as needed.
- Ensure the availability and use of National CMAM guidelines in all implementation sites, providing mentoring as required to improve compliance.
- Ensure a good working relationship with all stakeholders involved in service provision to supported catchment communities in the LGA:
- Review tasks completed by staff to ensure completion, accuracy, and coherence.
- Carry out individual evaluations with the team.
- Submit weekly, monthly and quarterly reports of activities conducted.
- Respect the dignity of the beneficiaries, caregivers and members of the community
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
Technical Expertise, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a discipline such as Nutrition, Food Science, Nursing, Public Health, or any other relevant discipline, and/or a Diploma in Nursing with at least 3 years of experience in the field of nutrition at the community level.
- Previous experience in a related position for at least 2 years.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa.
- Commitment to and understanding of PLAN’S aims, values, and principles.
- Applicants from Yobe & Adamawa State are encouraged to apply.
- Females are strongly advised to apply
- Strong communication skills: oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution, and ability to deliver PLAN’s strategic objectives.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Facilitate the development and scheduling of volunteer outreach activities
Application Closing Date
13th May, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.