The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Outreach Nurse Supervisor
Employment Type: Full-time
- To supervise the overall activities of the Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) at the OTPs in Bade/Karasuwa LGA, Yobe state and ensure the smooth running of all other related community activities.
- Ensure that all activity link to the CMAM is done in close collaboration with the state and implemented according to the standard that help to get solution to reach vulnerable population.
- He/She works in intelligent relationship/collaboration with MoH PHCs supervisor.
- Cultivate the relationship with the MoH stakeholders in order to implement efficiently and ensure the goals as well as to improve targeted population’s health conditions and humanitarian situation.
Tasks & Responsabilities
- Supervise the work of OTP nutrition supervisors, CNM and the SQLNS distributors involved in close consultation with Nurse Activity Manager or Medical Referent.
- Supervises daily NutriVax routine activities in the field (SQLNS distribution, Routine Immunization and the community mobilization by CNM) and supporting daily planning of the work where necessary.
- Supervise the supply and consumption of SQLNS
- Carry out supportive supervision through the time of implementation
- Ensure proper protocol for routine vaccination is followed
- Ensure proper protocol for NutriVax is followed
- Ensure IPC and Routine immunization safety measures are observed on the field
- Ensure general hygiene of the activity sites and follow up as such.
- Participate in the management of waste generated during the activity, ensuring all waste are properly segregated and disposed.
- Ensure community sensitization and mobilization are done in collaboration with the Head of health promotion.
- Ensure measures are in place for patients needing referral.
- Ensure that the ambulance is available for referral and organize with close collaboration with the NAM and MedRef.
- Follow up all referred cases.
Data Collection and Analysis:
- Ensure proper data collection and harmonization daily in all NutriVax sites.
- Collate and report weekly and monthly data from the field
- Participate in analysis of the data collated in respect to meeting target.
Management of drugs and medical equipment:
- Manage the availability, correct use and maintenance of medical supplies (drugs, IPC materials and other equipment)
- Ensure that ALIMA ambulances are properly equipped with necessary medical supplies during referral.
- Ensure no drugs or medical consumables get expired in the field.
- Informs the Medical Responsible or Nurse Activity Manager or MedRef about any unavailability of medical supplies and other consumables like SQLNS.
- Ensure that there is no rupture of medical consumables for case management
- Analyse the consumption according to the data
- Ensure that there is proper use of all items distribute at health facility
Human Resources Management:
- Supervise in close collaboration with the in-charges of different health centres and Nutrition Focal Person.
- Participate in the training/induction, evaluation, and communication of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure the amount of knowledge required, with the support of the Medical Responsible, administrator and the PC if needed
- Plan on-job trainings when necessary for all the staff related to the NutriVax activity in collaboration with the Nurse Activity Manager.
- Supervise the community and facility health promotion activities in close collaboration with the Head of health promotion.
Meetings and others:
- Participates in the epidemiological reports related to health facilities in the project area.
- Participates in meetings with other supervisors in order to ensure smooth collaboration of all departments in terms of activities running.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the organization through the Medical responsible or Project Coordinator.
Experience and Skills
- Essential: Nursing Degree
- Registered Nurse
- Essential 3 years experience in Nurse practice and nurse management in a facility
- Experience in community activities (CMAM)
- Previous experience with ALIMA or other NGO’s in developing countries is desirable
- Advanced knowledge in Nursing management
- Essential computer literacy (Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet)
- Training skills
- Well organized with good negotiation and communication skill
- Ability to work as part of a team, a part of multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team, in emergency and under pressure, to manage stress easily and result oriented
- Ability to work in close collaboration with MOH staff
- Can work and create teamwork, flexible, and committed to the assigned position
- Interest in and commitment to ALIMA’s activities, enthusiasm to represent the organization to others, to travel to different regions of Nigeria
- Languages: English compulsory, others are an asset like Hausa, Kanuri, etc.
Application Closing Date
21st February, 2024.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.