AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria. AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings. AHF-Nigeria currently operates in 7 states including Benue, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nasarawa, Kogi, Cross River, Anambra, Akwa Ibom and supports numerous clinics country wide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Nursing Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: State Nursing Coordinator
- The Senior Nursing Officer would work closely with the clinician/Site Coordinator in ensuring smooth implementation of the ART service delivery within the facility.
- He /She will directly supervise the ART nurse in providing topnotch HIV care, treatment, and prevention programs.
- This position is crucial to the achievement of AHF Nigeria’s programmatic targets and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In close collaboration with the facility medical officer, ensure the provision of quality, evidence-based ART, PMTCT, prevention and TB services.
- Supervises the provision of skilled nursing procedures (i.e. dressing changes).
- Ensures that medication administration is within the scope of practice of the licensee.
- Directly performs or monitors the provision of phlebotomy and/or initiates intravenous infusions as ordered.
- Attends and participates in team conferences as requested.
- Acts as a team leader to assist with the provision and supervision of patient care in the health facilities.
- Charts notes and medication administration according to protocol.
- Supervises the provision of patient and family education in supported health facilities.
- Exercises appropriate judgment and decision-making skills.
- Mentors and ensures the maintenance of patient confidentiality.
- Reports significant changes in the patient’s physical status to the RN and/or to the medical provider.
- Supports the ART nurses to establish effective linkages and referral of patients within and outside the facility.
- Supports the process of developing/reviewing and adapting HIV Testing and Counseling, Blood, and Injection safety, USP, PEP training curricula and other documents to meet appropriate audience.
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation of all services provided.
- Implement operational research protocols to answer important questions within AHF’s treatment and prevention programs.
- Any other duty designated by the State Nursing Coordinator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- University graduate in Nursing or equivalent.
- At least four years’ experience in HIV program management.
- Post graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of minimum prevention package for Nigeria is highly essential.
- Must be highly organized and capable of effective multi-tasking.
- Ability to write reports and communicate effectively.
- Sensitivity to ethics and confidentiality of HIV/AIDS client issues
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday; 16th May, 2023 (5pm).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (CV and Cover Letter as one document) to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Also, your application document must be saved in your full name preferably in MS Word or PDF format.
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer!