Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer, Strategic Information – State Support
Job Requisition ID: 2023200428
Locations: Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Cross River and Enugu
Job type: Full time
Supervisor: Strategic Information Lead
Operational Supervisor: Senior Technical Officer, COVID VACC (in designated states)
- The Technical Officer, Strategic Information (SI) – State Support, under the supervision of the Strategic Information Lead, will assist in the design, implementation, and supervision of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) activities at state-specific levels of organizational implementation related to COVID-19.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand global and national policies and strategies for COVID-19 vaccination that will inform the production of high-quality data analysis and monitor all EpiC-supported vaccination sites at the state to ensure quality reporting of vaccine data.
- Provide strategic information feedback to the State Primary Health Care Development Agency (SPHCDA), State Ministry of Health (SMOH), and other stakeholders.
- Ensure the correct monitoring and implementation of the organizational SI plan and strategies and adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provide support on strengthening health information systems by sharing lessons, knowledge, innovations, and best practices with other technical counterparts.
- Provide quality control and quality assurance support to capture and track EpiC’s contribution towards the meeting of state-specific vaccine coverage targets.
- Routinely provide supportive supervisory visits to the vaccination sites to monitor daily, weekly, and monthly data collection and reporting, conducting gap and outlier analysis to ensure improved quality of reporting.
- Provide technical assistance in building internal systems, standardizing reports, and developing strategies to strengthen and support the organization for improved project implementation.
- Support the preparation of technical briefs, reports, or other necessary materials by compiling strategic information content to facilitate implementation research and showcase best practices and achievements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Ph.D in Statistics, Computer Science, Information Management, Economics, or its equivalent with 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in public or clinical health setting.
- B.Sc / BA in Statistics, Computer Science, Information Management, Economics, or a similar degree with 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in public or clinical health setting.
- Experience in state/national-level monitoring and evaluation and strategic information system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) and familiarity with Nigerian public or private sector health systems.
- Knowledge and experience of COVID-19 programming and reporting structure specific to Nigeria, and designated states preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Knowledge of COVID-19 programming in Nigeria.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical and public health settings, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the issues surrounding COVID-19 vaccination hesitancy in Nigeria.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Demonstrated proficiency with using the Microsoft Office suite and developed computer skills are required.
- Demonstrated proficiency and understanding of digital data collection tools within the Nigeria national and USAID COVID-19 reporting system.
- Experience with conducting Strategic Information system-level troubleshooting and data verification, especially for COVID-19 programming
- Experience with developing and implementing data quality assurance procedures.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online