Duration : 6 months (with a possibility of an extension)
Start date : 15-Jun-2023
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
- To act as the focal person in supervising, coordinating, and implementing all activities with the municipal LGU, Rural Health Units, and community partners.
- To prepare work plan, regular reports, capitalization reports and submit to HOP for consolidation.
- To organize and/or participate in seminars and conferences activities relevant to the project at municipalities and Barangays levels.
- To serve as field-based main WASH/Education/Protection/Health/Shelter/FSL/DRR focal point in implementing major components/sectoral activities in the project.
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1: To act as the focal person in managing, coordinating, and implementing all activities to LGU and community partners specific to Action Against Hunger Results
- Lead in the coordination of local partners (municipality and Barangay) and other shareholders and ensure timely implementation of the planned activities in coordination with Head of Project and Technical Coordinators.
- Lead in the implementation of the Project’s key results in all covered areas (with key focus on WASH, DRR-CCA, Anticipatory Action and RRM, Public Health, FSL Protection, and Education in Emergencies,).
- Lead the conduct of capacity building modules and other technical trainings and orientations among LGUs and community partners in coordination with HOP and respective Technical Coordinators.
- Mobilize community members to implement community-based interventions in coordination with LGUs to achieve the project specific technical goals.
- Support Project level advocacy initiatives related to DRR and Climate Change, FSL , Public Health, WASH, , Protection, and Education in Emergencies
- Any other task required to achieve the Project objectives.
Objective 2: To prepare work plan, regular reports, capitalization reports and lead in consolidating documents
- Prepare monthly plans and updates/progress report on achievements.
- Develop and Maintain database of Photos, Videos and other multi-media document related to the project.
- Timely secure and properly archive sources of verification regularly
- Contribute to the donor interim and final reports following the Mission Reporting System
- Contribute to preparing meeting minutes including Project team monthly meeting, training proceedings and other reports requested by the HOPSupport the HOP in capitalization of the experience in various activities of the Project
Objective 3: To organize/participate in Trainings, Workshop, Conferences and Meetings
- Under proper authorization, represent Action Against Hunger and actively participate in related events in projects areas or elsewhere.
- Actively search for local capacities with potential to give and add value to the project (NGO, institutions universities etc.)
- Organize sectoraltrainings with guidance from technical coordinator.
- Participate in training based on development plans and opportunities.
Objective 4: Emergency Response (Emergency Response Team- Case to Case Basis/ As Needed)
- Initial Rapid Assessment in affected areas.
- Identify the emergency and lifesaving needs.
- Coordination with camps, communities, and Government staff at field level
- Ensure the water testing is done on time based on needs assessment
- Daily reporting and updates of field activities
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- University degree in allied health, social sciences, economics, business management, statistics, community development, agroeconomic and other related social science courses.
- Essential knowledge and understanding of RA 10121 and Community Based Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change, Food Security and Livelihoods, Public Health, Cash and Voucher Assistance, knowledge on local government processes, basic knowledge on FBEA/ AA, Protection, Education in Emergencies and WASH
- At least 2 years’ experience in Community Organizing implementing DRR,, Anticipatory Action, Rapid Humanitarian Response FSL, Protection, Public Health, EiE and WASH related work (development or emergency), work with local government units and other stakeholders in the community.
- Knowledgeable of BARMM context and other nearby provinces.
- Filipino, English, and vernacular (spoken and written Maguindanaon or Maranao) and with good technical writing skills
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office computer programs including Word Excel & Powerpoint and Share Point
Our remuneration package:
- Compensation based on Action Against Hunger salary grid and candidate’s previous experience
- Benefits: Health insurance, accident and life insurance, leave entitlements, government-mandated benefits
- Project-based employment
Action against Hunger is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work such as but not limited to sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and/or financial misconduct; We expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through endorsing our code of conduct and other related policies and only those who share our values and code of conduct will be recruited to work for us.
How to apply
Interested candidates meeting the requirements should apply to the link provided below on or before 09 June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by the HR Department.
Note. – Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close on or before the deadline.
Action Against Hunger provides equal opportunities to candidates regardless of their origin, nationality, race, gender, regional and sexual orientation. This vision aims to integrate equal treatment and opportunities among females and men in all HR processes and policies within the organization.