Duration : 6 months (with a possibility of an extension)
Start date : 15-Jun-2023
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
Head of Project (HoP) is responsible for planning, implementation, management, overall supervision, and monitoring of the program/projects. He/she will be responsible for ensuring Action Against Hunger’s, National government agencies and donor’s technical policy, guidelines are procedures are implemented. The HoP shall ensure the correct implementation and management of the activities and resources, in accordance with the objectives set out for the project, as well as their everyday management. She/he will also be responsible for ensuring the implementation and promotion of Action Against Hunger’s institutional and sectorial policy, guidelines, and procedures and in accordance with donor and national polies and guidelines.
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1: To ensure that all programs activities are implemented within the time frame (according to proposals) in coordination and as agreed with the technical coordinators
- Represent, participate, and coordinate with project team and with consortium partner/staff in assigned areas/projects.
- Lead and ensure the efficient and effective project implementation of activities according to the approved strategies, workplan, budget and guidelines set by the organization and funding donors in coordination with project team, consortium and AAH technical coordinators.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key project stakeholders at a technical level, including coordination and communication with government authorities, international and local organizations, partners, beneficiaries, and other external actors in the field.
- Lead the development of implementation plans and allocation of resources to deliver timely and quality results in line with the proposal.
- Lead and ensure application of Action Against Hunger’s procedures as well as the implementation of Donors guidelines (including the documentation of the transparent decision making)
- Plan and lead weekly and ad hoc project level meetings with all department heads and progress and work plans are revised and updated.
- Lead and ensure compliance with reporting requirements and timely submission of reports according to agreed formats and follow-up the contribution (in-kind) required by programs.
- Support local partners capacity building strategy in coordination of the Deputy Country Director (CD)
- Ensure cross-cutting policies and thematic areas are integrated systematically in project implementation (Gender, environment, protection, GVB PSEA, among others)
- Represent Action Against Hunger at consortium level and with stakeholders in coordination and consultation with line manager
Objective 2: Management base human resources following HR manual and procedures
- To ensure the efficient management of the Human Resources assigned to the project in line AAH HR polies.
- Identify training needs of the project staff and support the provision of capacity building and technical coaching to ensure that they perform their job and achieve the objectives and implement the activities under Action Against Hunger.
- Manage and conduct regular performance evaluation of assigned staff and other staff in compliance with Action Against Hunger policy and procedures and when necessary, review the job descriptions and organization of the staff according to project needs and assess training needs and train the staff if required to achieve the project objectives.
- Ensure all assigned staff have clear objectives and progress are reviewed on regular basis
- To participate to the recruitment process for the project according to the needs
- Support to recruit the required staff, if necessary, in coordination with the HR manager in Manila and technical coordinators.
- Support, when necessary, review of the job descriptions and Organization of the team according to the base needs.
- Support to ensure the implementation of the staff regulation in the base.
Objective 3: Management of the administrative/finances issues of the base following policies guidelines and procedures
- Ensure financial management of the project in collaboration with the Head of Base, Base Finance Officer, and logistics and other relevant departments.
- Ensure project budget forecast are done in timely manner and in coordination with base finance officer and head of base.
- Ensure financial expenses are in compliance with AAH and donor guidelines in coordination with Admin department, communicate deviations in timely manner.
- Support that all administrative procedures in the Base follow standards and manuals and the mission level memorandums.
- Ensure project level payments and done on time in coordination with base finance, logistic departments and Head of Base.
- Support the respect of the Action Against Hunger Charter in the daily work in the base
Objective 4: Management of the logistics of the base following policies guidelines and procedures in accordance with the KitLog and in collaboration with the Base Logistics Officer
- Lead and ensure regularly update and follow-up the procurement plan (PPP) in coordination with the project team and admin/log department at the baselevel.
- To lead the request, organization and arrangement of logistical requirements in project activities (e.g. transportation, movement, supplies and materials) including preparation of the weekly Travel request and consolidation of the monthly movement plan for the team;
- Support the Supply Chain Management specially that procurement plan is in place for projects in coordination with project team and Logistic department.
- Support the overall management and allocation and the use of the Equipment and fleet assigned to the project.
Objective 5: Project Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting, and Capitalisation
- Prepare and review all internal and external reports and ensure the accuracy and relevance of information reported in a timely manner and to an appropriate standard.
- Ensure the validation and consolidation of all project reports are in accordance with AAH internal reporting requirements and deadlines.
- Ensure timely preparation, validation and submission of donor reports and other reports as required in coordination with Deputy Country Director and consortium lead,
- Lead capitalization of the project experience and prepare specific written documents in coordination with AAH sector coordinators.
- Ensure all relevant project SOVs and documents are checked and are archived in line with AAH’s arching guideline, including of photos, videos and other multimedia documents related to the project,
- Ensure project visibility and branding are systematically implemented at project level in line with AAH and donor policies.
Objective 6: Coordination and Representation
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at a technical level, including donors, government authorities, international and local organizations, partners, beneficiaries and other external actors in coordination with Country Director and Deputy Country Director
- Actively participate in relevant technical working at project and national level;
- Ensure local government participation and people centered approach are adapted and implemented throughout the project cycle
- Ensure close coordination with the Consortium and Implementing Partners involved in the Action to ensure cohesion with the overall design and strategy of the project.
- Actively seek synergies, complementarity with other projects/programs and explore HDP nexus.
- Disseminate relevant project information to the technical teams at Capital and Base level as necessary.
- Actively search for local capacities with potential to give and add value to the project (NGO, institutions, universities, etc.)
- Continuously monitor humanitarian and development context and propose recommendations and actions.
Objective 7: Safety and security and Emergency Response
- Respect the Security rules of Action Against Hunger and coordinate with /Security officer for any security issues relating to work
- Report any security or other incidents in the field that may interrupt project activities directly to Head of Base and security Officer at the base.
- Ensure staff safety and security in line with AAH’s safety and security protocol and policies and reports incidents to Head of Base and security officer.
- Ensure the respect and compliance of the mission security rules by the team.
- Support the implementation, revisions and drawing protocols of the security management and business continuity plans.
- Coordinate and ensure regular security/incidents reports are shared by assigned security staff
- Monitor, analyse security context and share with security officer in Mindanao, and head of base.
- Be able to render service especially in emergency response in case of disasters in the Philippines
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Training: Middle level or Senior Level Management Training; A degree in social science, disaster risk reduction and/or Project management (master’s degree an advantage)
- Technical specific knowledge:
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge and experience in Project Cycle Management
- Excellent knowledge of budget management.
- Good analytical skills and a good understanding of the problematic of conflict situation.
- Knowledge in partnerships development and alliances is desirable.
- Risk mitigation experience.
- Strong skills in coordination, program management, mentoring, coaching and capacity building.
- Strong Knowledge in Humanitarian/ cooperation/international relationship
- Experience in managing projects with an INGO.
- Knowledge of donor (ECHO) guidelines and procedures.
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of budget management.
- Should be able to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Previous experience/s in the following:
- At least three years in a similar position, exposure and experience in assessment, reporting monitoring, or evaluation of projects and, implementing and managing multi-sector interventions
- Managing and supervising administration/finance, logistics, HR, programs and security staff
- Coordination and representation with Consortium/partners
- Humanitarian response, Climate Change Adaptation, Disaster Risk Reduction and Management and capacity building
- Managing projects and programs in insecure context with capacity to face stressful situation.
- Working with high level authorities, advocacy and representation
- Humanitarian sector knowledge:
- Additional experience in working with conflict affected people, ideally Mindanao experience is desirable.
- Capacity to analyse humanitarian context and define interventions
- Experienced in UN-and-Government Led clusters. Having cluster leadership experience is desirable.
- Experience in representation, community’s development and participation, institutional development and setting up of partnerships with local partners
- Excellent English, Filipino required. Maguindanaon speaking and writing skills knowledge of other local language is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of Office package (Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Mobility: Frequent travel to project sites and the capital office (Manila)
Our remuneration package:
- Compensation based on Action Against Hunger salary grid and candidate’s previous experience
- Benefits: Health insurance, accident and life insurance, leave entitlements, government-mandated benefits
- Project-based employment
Action against Hunger is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work such as but not limited to sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and/or financial misconduct; We expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through endorsing our code of conduct and other related policies and only those who share our values and code of conduct will be recruited to work for us.
How to apply
Interested candidates meeting the requirements should apply on or before 09 June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by the HR Department.
Note. – Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close on or before the deadline.
Action Against Hunger provides equal opportunities to candidates regardless of their origin, nationality, race, gender, regional and sexual orientation. This vision aims to integrate equal treatment and opportunities among females and men in all HR processes and policies within the organization.