The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to our mission of saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries. We work at the invitation of governments to support them and the private sector to create and sustain high-quality health systems.
CHAI was founded in 2002 in response to the HIV/AIDS epidemic with the goal of dramatically reducing the price of life-saving drugs and increasing access to these medicines in the countries with the highest burden of the disease. Over the following two decades, CHAI has expanded its focus. Today, along with HIV, we work in conjunction with our partners to prevent and treat infectious diseases such as COVID-19, malaria, tuberculosis, and hepatitis. Our work has also expanded into cancer, diabetes, hypertension, and other non-communicable diseases, and we work to accelerate the rollout of lifesaving vaccines, reduce maternal and child mortality, combat chronic malnutrition, and increase access to assistive technology. We are investing in horizontal approaches to strengthen health systems through programs in human resources for health, digital health, and health financing. With each new and innovative program, our strategy is grounded in maximizing sustainable impact at scale, ensuring that governments lead the solutions, that programs are designed to scale nationally, and learnings are shared globally.
At CHAI, our people are our greatest asset, and none of this work would be possible without their talent, time, dedication and passion for our mission and values. We are a highly diverse team of enthusiastic individuals across 40 countries with a broad range of skillsets and life experiences. CHAI is deeply grounded in the countries we work in, with majority of our staff based in program countries.
In India, CHAI works in partnership with its India registered affiliate William J Clinton Foundation (WJCF) under the guidance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the Central and States’ levels on an array of high priority initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes. Currently, WJCF supports government partners across projects to expand access to quality care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, tuberculosis, COVID-19, common cancers, sexual and reproductive health, immunization, and essential medicines.
Learn more about our exciting work: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org.
With the objective of reducing maternal, child, and overall mortality from hypoxemia related cases, WJCF, under the guidance of health departments in the states of Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, and Punjab is supporting initiatives to strengthen prevention and diagnosis practices and improve the supply and use of high-quality oxygen services. To that end, the Essential Medicines and Oxygen (EM O2) program focuses on the following key elements:
- Effective planning and strategies to manage oxygen systems and overall hypoxemia management
- Affordable, efficient, and high-quality supply chain systems for essential medicines including oxygen
- Improved clinical administration and technical management of oxygen
- Improved information systems and monitoring for oxygen access
The Program supports the state health and facility level leadership strengthen governance structures, ensure optimal availability, maintenance, and upkeep of oxygen assets, and build capacity for management of assets and provision of clinical care. Through this support WJCF expects to ensure prevention, early diagnosis, and timely access to high quality medical oxygen to manage hypoxemia cases, while ensuring adequate preparedness to manage surge of Covid-19 cases or on account of other acute or seasonal respiratory ailments.
- Provide strategic and analytical support to EM O2 program implementation activities, including but not limited to, working with, and engaging with field staff to review programmatic activities, track implementation of activities, and monitor and review outputs.
- Undertake research and analyze large datasets to generate insightful reports and dashboards that can inform programmatic decision making.
- Closely work with State Lead to support officials in the DoHFW and other state governments including division and district level health staff in identifying and bridging gaps in hypoxemia management system.
- Identify and communicate potential risks and challenges to the implementation plan and roll-out of activities; work towards addressing potential risks/ mitigation mechanisms.
- Support the development of presentations, work plans, budgets, reports, proposals, articles, and other documents for ongoing and new areas.
- Develop strong working relationships with and represent WJCF as a trusted advisor to key stakeholders in government, academic partners, suppliers, and other relevant organizations, and ensure coordination of resources and effort for maximum impact.
- Support in the planning and execution of capacity building initiatives for key government functionaries and service providers on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery.
- Support program management and leadership team with programmatic activities, and evaluation and scoping of other potential intervention areas, as required.
- Contribute to internal organizational initiatives.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in management, economics, public health, engineering, computer science, statistics, operations research, or allied areas.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in a private or public sector setting and with increasing levels of responsibility and experience.
- Exceptional analytical (quantitative and qualitative) skills with the ability to effectively communicate (orally and in written form) and to tailor communication to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to absorb and synthesize a broad range of information, including technical information, and to prepare compelling presentations and reports.
- Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and set priorities.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, including the ability to work independently, self-motivated, and propose and implement new initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a diverse team.
- Ability to develop new and manage existing relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and problem-solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Willingness to travel as and when required.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in Hindi and Punjabi.
- Knowledge and experience in consulting/development sector/investment banking/government organizations.
- Knowledge of big data/ advanced analytics concepts and algorithms – text mining, social listening, recommender systems, predictive modelling, etc.
- Experience in handling big datasets through the use of software such as SQL, Oracle, Python, SAS, etc, and data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlik Sense, etc.
- Design and BI architecture skills, partnering with engineering & information architecture teams on design & architecture.
- Experience managing roll-out of large-scale projects across states.