Program Assistant (AP)
Job Title: Program Assistant (PA)
Place of work : Antananarivo, Madagascar
Supervisor: Program Manager
The Programs Assistant defines, plans and implements Helen Keller Intl’s vitamin A supplementation programs in Madagascar. The direct supervisor of the AP is the Program Manager. This position requires frequent travel to areas where Helen Keller conducts business. Regional travel may also be required to other countries where Helen Keller is active. The position is based in Antananarivo, Madagascar.
The main objectives are:
- Ensure the definition of quality vitamin A supplementation (VAS) programs
- Ensure the technical management of VAS programs
The PR should manage VAS programs effectively:
- Develop the VAS program implementation strategy for each selected province
- Develop an annual work plan detailing all elements of VAS service implementation
- Define input needs for VAS programs
- Develop the budget for VAS programs and ensure compliance with these budgets and their monitoring throughout the life of the program to maintain an appropriate expenditure rate.
- Develop the tools and guides needed to support the program, including training modules, social mobilization tools, advocacy tools and technical guides.
- Supervise and support the monitoring and evaluation manager
- Actively participate in the coordination in each province of activity
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation activities
- Ensure the implementation of VAS activities such as training of actors and partners or supervision of activities
This job description is not final, it is subject to change. Other tasks may also be required by the line supervisor
- Minimum master’s degree (BAC+5) in the field of program management, public health or monitoring and evaluation
- Ten (10) years of significant experience in the management of humanitarian or public health programs
- Rational skills and excellent communication skills inside and outside the organization;
- Computer skills MS Office;
- Perfect command of French and English, both oral and written.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and curriculum vitae to [email protected]. indicating the position title in the subject. Applications will be accepted until May 19, 2023.
Helen Keller is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity of all genders is fully valued.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, caste, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic that does not does not affect the ability to perform the required tasks.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities.
If you are a qualified person with a disability and need to request accommodation during the job application or interview process, please contact us at the above email address or by phone: Madagascar.recruitment @ hki.org
HELEN KELLER INTL
- DOES NOT ASK ANY FEES DURING THE ENTIRE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (HIRE REQUEST, TEST, INTERVIEWS, PROCESSING OF FILE OR TRAINING)
- DOES NOT ASK FOR CANDIDATE BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION
- DO NOT RECRUIT THROUGH A RECRUITMENT AGENCY