ABOUT THE HOPE CHANNEL
La Chaîne de l’Espoir is an international NGO founded in 1994. Its mission is to strengthen health systems to give everyone, and in particular children, the same chances of survival and development. We operate in 28 countries with a global approach, centered on the child but also on mothers and disadvantaged communities:
- Prevention and screening from an early age, particularly in the context of school health programmes.
- Care and surgery, to meet the most urgent needs of children and their mothers.
- Training and transfer of skills to local teams thanks to our international network of experts in all fields of surgery.
- Construction and equipment of hospital structures adapted to local needs.
POSITION AND MISSION
La Chaîne de l’Espoir is recruiting a biomedical engineer to support and strengthen the biomedical team made up of 2 engineers, coordinate current projects, and prospect for future projects.
Attached to the Infrastructure and Equipment Department, under the direction of the department manager, he will support operations and contribute to the development of its tools.
The hierarchical and operational supervision of the position will be provided by the head of the Infrastructure and Equipment department.
The position is divided into several areas of work in the countries of intervention of the Chaîne de l’Espoir:
- Site audit & evaluation
- Equipment plan, purchase, delivery
- Maintenance & exploitation
- Strengthening the skills of local teams
- Reinforce and manage the fleet of available equipment
The biomedical engineer will be entrusted with various missions:
1. Site audit & evaluation
- Conduct technical missions to countries to assess technical situations
- Analyze the existing equipment fleet, study maintenance data, propose action plans and continuous improvement in the countries of intervention
- Contribute to the quality approach: implement and update the procedures and instructions specific to the Biomedical field
2. Equipment plan, purchase, delivery
- Coordination of ongoing project activities:
- Plan, develop and execute the equipment plan
- Make purchases of medical devices (Following the internal procedures of La Chaîne de l’Espoir),
- Participate in the delivery of purchases in France and abroad
- Develop and manage the local equipment plan by room, estimate and breakdown of prices by items,
- Ensure market research, drafting of market documents, answers to supplier questions, analysis of offers for equipment markets according to La Chaîne de l’Espoir’s purchasing procedures
- Coordination with the logistics department for the delivery of medical equipment to the site
- Monitor operations carried out by suppliers or maintenance providers
- Financial monitoring of orders and invoicing with the accounting department
3. Maintenance & exploitation
- Management of the medical equipment available on the premises of the association
- Control and monitoring of the operating status of equipment and installations specific to the biomedical field
- Monitor, plan and carry out preventive and curative maintenance of materials, equipment and systems in the biomedical field
- Update and track inventory and enter internal and external maintenance interventions, using CMMS
- Ensure and support the operation and maintenance of the technical platforms available in our intervention areas and partner sites
4. Strengthening the skills of local teams
- Support and advise to strengthen the skills of local teams
- Animate and strengthen the network of volunteer biomedical correspondents to support missions on partner sites
- Seek new partners for grants and loans
- Develop and maintain numerous equipment supplier relationships
5. Reinforce and manage the fleet of available equipment
- Support for tests and evaluations of refurbished equipment in the biomedical room
- Technology watch and equipment innovation
- Actively participate in trade fairs, conferences, symposiums, etc.
- Proactive relationship in its relations with French hospitals, in order to be able to recover reformed equipment (UG)
FORMATION ET EXPERIENCE
Holder of an engineering degree (or equivalent Bac + 5) specializing in biomedical maintenance, biomedical engineering.
Previous experience essential in the medical equipment sector or in the hospital sector of at least 3 years. Experience in the humanitarian field as an employee and / or volunteer desired.
SKILLS AND QUALITIES REQUIRED
- Sense of autonomy, rigor, organization and priority management
- Sense of contact, listening, negotiation and teamwork
- Meaning of negotiation
- Computer skills
- Expected personality criteria: good analytical and synthesis skills, ease in oral and written communication, strength of proposal.
- International travel as part of biomedical missions in the Middle East, Africa, Asia…
- Languages spoken: French, English; excellent command of French and excellent technical and writing skills required.
- Adherence to the humanitarian principles and code of ethics of La Chaîne de l’Espoir
- Interest in the international solidarity sector and public health topics
- Fixed-term contract of 4 months renewable as part of a maternity leave replacement
- Full-time position, based at the headquarters of the association in Paris, 75015 or in the provinces
- Mutual insurance covered at 80%
- Meal vouchers worth 9.25 euros covered at 60%
- Reimbursement of transport subscription up to 50%
- Teleworking charter
- 23 days of annual RTT
- Salary offered: according to profile and experience
How to apply
Application to be sent by e-mail, no later than May 16, 2023 : CV and cover letter under the reference ‘Biomedical Engineer’
Contact : [email protected]