Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) is a national faith-based organization of the Protestant Churches, health institutions and programs from all counties of Kenya providing quality health care since 1946 through building of health systems, partnerships, and community empowerment.
CHAK is seeking to hire an experienced Regional Medical Officer to be based in Nairobi supporting the CDC- funded CHAP Stawisha project. The project supports HIV/TB/OVC services in faith based and county health facilities across 15 counties in the country, with offices in Meru, Embu, Kitui and Nairobi.
The Regional Medical Officer will provide technical oversight for HIV/TB prevention as well as care and treatment interventions for supported Faith-based facilities in the CHAP Stawisha Program.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- This will include provision of oversight for the CHAP Stawisha staff supporting the cluster, county engagement, mentorship and capacity building of facility staff and the regional team.
- Key duties and Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to the regional team and supported facilities.
- Planning and implementation of HIV Prevention Care and Treatment and TB services at supported facilities
- Participate in quality assurance/quality improvement of TB and HIV services at the facility level including TB Infection Prevention and Control interventions.
- Support Site Improvement and Monitoring Systems at facility level through onsite mentorship
- Provide onsite clinical systems mentorship to facility staff.
- Preparation of work plans, technical reports and contribution to budget preparations.
- Support review of regional program performance data and assist in the development of quarterly review slides and quarterly presentations.
- Assist in monitoring and evaluation of activities relating to HIV care and participate in program performance review meetings. Utilize data to inform quality of care and performance in supported facilities and provide requisite mentorship on use of data to improve patient management.
- Participate in regional, county, and sub-county level HIV and TB technical working groups and serve as the liaison between CHAP Stawisha and the county health teams.
- Perform joint supervision of HIV care and treatment TB and HIV services with the County and Sub-County Health Management Teams (C/ SHMTs)
- Actively participate in program operational Research
- Any other lawful duties as assigned by the Senior Clinical Technical Advisor within the scope and nature of the position.
- Medical Doctor with a bachelor’s degree in medicine from a reputable University and duly registered with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council (KMPDC).
- At least 3 years progressive HIV-related clinical experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a HIV donor funded program.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Ms. Word, Ms. Excel, and Ms. PowerPoint with excellent presentation skills.
- Self-driven, innovative, a team player and have strong interpersonal skills.
How to apply
Applications with detailed CV with names & contacts of 3 referees and copies of relevant professional certificates should be sent to CHAK Secretariat using the contacts below:
The General Secretary
P.O. Box 30690 – 00100 GPO,
Email: [email protected]
Applicants are advised to indicate the job title as the subject line, also state their current and expected remuneration in their cover letters.
The closing date for receiving all applications is 21st September 2023. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.