Position Title: Consultant Radiologist (Teleradiology)
Job classification: Consultancy
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: 11 Months
Salary: All-inclusive of USD 2.00 (per individual CXR’s reading and submission to e-Medical)
To support the increased Teleradiology Primary CXR reading service for many IOM Health Assessment Program field locations and non-IOM panel clinic.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Review and interpret all digital chest X-rays (CXRs) assigned to her/him using the teleradiology web-application and DICOM viewer software, by correctly identifying radiological signs of TB and other incidental findings, and in accordance with the technical guidelines of the resettlement countries using the country specific X-ray reporting forms.
- Assess quality of chest radiographs to meet optimal diagnostic criteria and make sure that the quality of the images corresponds to the required standards. Request for repeat CXR when the CXR is suboptimal and appropriate additional view when additional views are needed.
- Assess CXR findings of follow-up radiographs of patients on anti-TB treatment, re-medicals, referrals and pre-departure medical screening (PDMS) CXRs and do comparison with previous CXR findings and report the change. If the previous CXR are not in the teleradiology PACS access them remotely to local PACS or request the clinic for the transfer of previous images digital or hard copy images as feasible.
- For Canada, Australia and New Zealand cases, submit the CXR reports to e-Medical websites correctly and timely on the same day.
- Properly use UKTB global web-application for timely reporting CXRs under UKTB immigrant program.
- When there is a need for further other imaging, recommend for further imaging using the system and discuss with the panel physician when needed.
- In coordination with the Global Radiology Coordinator, participate and flexibly fit to the IOM radiologists working time schedule for the Teleradiology Centre according to the caseload and the timing of the missions, and respect to the assigned working the hours.
- Properly respond to queries from Panel physicians on the chest x-ray reports, reviewing the chest x-ray images, and explaining well the chest x-ray findings, and revise the chest x-ray reports accordingly if correction is needed.
- Coordinate with the Global Radiology Coordinator and /or the international radiologist for getting second opinion on CXR findings, for addressing process concerns in the unit and make any recommendation.
- Coordinate with the Teleradiology technical support and medical support staff for solving any technical issues and timely completion the reports of all the assigned chest CXRs
- Coordinate and guide the radiographers and the medical clerks in different country missions X-ray units for optimizing the CXR quality, timely smooth e-Medical completion, getting list of daily schedules and delivery of the reports. Likewise, cooperate for CXR related statistical works as needed.
- Ensure that the radiological reporting is fraud less. Participate in internal and external image quality and CXR reports quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA) measures.
- Arrange and make sure back up service is secured when going on leave. If needed, assist in establishing and training backup local radiologists.
- Perform other related tasks as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution in Medicine; and post graduate residency training in diagnostic radiology.
- Radiology board Certificate is obligatory.
- Experience on chest radiology; screening CXR reading, experience in pediatric radiology and teaching an advantage;
- Good writing and communication skills;
- Thorough knowledge radiological presentation of tuberculosis;
- Thorough knowledge of the English medical/radiological terminology;
- Good Computer skills and technology friendly
- Experience and Knowledge in software used for Digital Radiography an advantage.
How to apply
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.