Fixed Term Contract: 12 Months
Starting date : 03/07/2023
PUI around the world
With 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale:
- Helps nearly 6 million beneficiaries
- With a budget of more than 100 Million € per year
- Distributed in 24 countries, on 5 continents
- Thanks to the involvement and commitment of:
- More than 2500 national collaborators
- Around 225 expatriates of 50 different nationalities
- And 120 employees at headquarters
PUI works in 10 sectors of intervention and is distinguished by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand all the needs of people affected by a crisis. Our teams are mobilizing to provide a global response to all the basic needs of populations who are victims of humanitarian crises in an emergency until they can regain their autonomy and dignity.
Focus on our activities in Mali
As part of its regional approach to the Central Sahel, PUI has been working in Mali since 2013, in the regions of Kidal (Cercles de Kidal, Tessalit and Abeibara), Gao (Cercle d’Ansongo – 2014) and Mopti (Cercles de Bankass and Bandiagara – 2019), particularly affected by population movements. In 2023, the Mali mission plans to open a base in San, in the Tominan region. The coordination office is based in Bamako and the logistics and pharmacy platform in Sévaré. Since 2020, PUI Mali has aimed to develop integrated approaches in its areas of intervention, making it possible to recognize the complexity, diversity and interconnection of the issues. These approaches are defined around the needs and vulnerability of populations,
PUI operates in the areas of health, nutrition, psychosocial health, water, hygiene and sanitation. The projects work to improve access to quality medical and nutritional care for the most vulnerable populations, in particular children under five, pregnant or breastfeeding women and displaced persons. Thanks to an integrated approach, nutritional health is addressed during medical activities but also through nutrition and food security activities. Finally, through its system of mobile clinics, Première Urgence Internationale has a strong capacity for deployment and emergency response to crises, particularly for internally displaced persons.
And the MHPSS Coordinator in all this?
As a Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Coordinator (SMSPS Co), you will be the guarantor of the development and application of the mission’s operational strategy in MHPSS as well as the quality of the MHPSS programs ongoing and to come in the definition, implementation monitoring and evaluation phases. You will strengthen the capacities of the mission’s SMSPS department and provide technical support to project teams and in particular to SMSPS project managers in a functional relationship. You will ensure the representation of PUI with the authorities, humanitarian actors and donors for the SMSPS sector.
To this end, your responsibilities will be as follows:
Context Analysis/Strategy/Development: You will participate in the development of the operational MHPSS strategy and contribute to the development of new relevant MHPSS interventions on the mission according to the needs identified in the country, respecting the framework of intervention in SMSPS of PUI. In coordination with the SMSPS team, you will monitor SMSPS activities in the country and analyze their strengths and weaknesses.
Program Quality: You will provide functional technical support in your field of expertise to program teams, in particular to MHPSS program managers, and ensure the quality and effectiveness of the mission’s MHPSS program(s).
Representation / Coordination: You will ensure PUI’s sectoral representation in SMSPS with partners, donors, national authorities and local actors. You will represent PUI in meetings of relevant Clusters (Health, Protection) or sector coordination group in SMSPS. You will contribute to the good flow of information from the SMSPS sector.
Human Resources / Training: You will provide technical support to project teams and in particular to SMSPS teams. You will provide support to project managers for the recruitment of technical staff in SMSPS. In collaboration with the Head of Mission (CDM) and/or the Deputy CDM Program and the HQ MHPSS Referent, you will identify the main strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and gaps of the MHPSS department . You will oversee the content of MHPSS trainings and the quality of MHPSS activities (including clinical supervision) based on identified needs.
Logistics and administration: You will ensure that the teams under your responsibility comply with logistics and administrative procedures and keep the logistics and administrative departments informed of any relevant developments.
Security: You will contribute to the respect of the security rules on the mission and will transmit any information relating to security to your line manager and/or to the security manager of the mission.
The challenges that await you:
– Monitoring of the implementation of the SMSPS mission strategy – Establishment of a support and debriefing framework for clinical psychologists – Capitalization of activities launched in 2023 and updating of activity sheets – Deployment of new activities, creation of activity sheet and ensure the quality monitoring of these
What it will take to succeed
- Education: You can justify a higher diploma of Clinical Psychologist.ne. If you are also trained in psychological intervention (eg cognitive and behavioral therapy) this will be an asset.
- Experience: You have at least 3 years of experience in the implementation of MHPSS programmes, 2 years of clinical practice in mental health or psychosocial support and previous experience abroad with an NGO. Have you held positions related to clinical projects with migrants/displaced persons, victims of conflict, survivors of S/GBV and survivors of torture? It will be greatly appreciated. Have you ever worked with Première Urgence Internationale? This will be an undeniable asset!
- Skills: You are a good communicator, both written and spoken, master program management and SMSPS project management. Knowledge of the procedures of institutional donors (OFDA, ECHO, AAP, UN agencies, etc.) will be valued.
- Required qualities: You are able to work independently and take responsibility in a proactive approach, with good management of priorities and workload. Endowed with a strong commitment to humanitarian principles and a good resistance to stress, you show open-mindedness, good analytical skills and are proactive.
- Languages: French and English hold no secrets for you? Good, it’s essential for this position! If you also speak Arabic, this will be an undeniable asset.
Laugh at you manager
“The Mali mission is constantly on the move to adapt to contextual and humanitarian issues! A proactive, experienced and committed candidate will be able to fully realize their potential.”
PUI will suggest you
- Status: Executive on a Fixed-Term Contract
- Gross monthly salary: 2,650.00 – 3,130.00 EUR depending on your experience in international solidarity + €50 per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical and complementary health cover, 24-hour assistance, repatriation and provident insurance
- Accommodation in collective house
- Living expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break scheme: 5 working days at 3 and 9 months of assignment + break bonus
- Paid Leave Scheme: 5 weeks of CP/year + return plane ticket at home every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale considers the diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses within its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore strictly adheres to the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale practices a zero-tolerance policy towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable people. It mobilizes all of its personnel in the promotion, dissemination and respect of the principles enacted in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale will not, under any circumstances, solicit a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any information going in this direction would be fraudulent, please do not take it into account.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and do you adhere to our commitments? Do you feel ready to take up the challenge and join the big PUI family?