HI, founded in 1982 in Cambodia and working today in more than 60 countries, is an independent and impartial aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict, and disaster. HI works alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, taking action and bearing witness in order to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
In Cambodia, 4 projects are currently implemented in Phnom Penh, Kampong Cham, Tboung Khmum, Takeo, Prey Veng, Siem Reap, and Kratie provinces.
- SHARE project comprises of two components:
- Inclusive Education (IE) component: ensuring accessibility of inclusive education for people with disabilities in particular girls.
- Rehabilitation (REHAB) component: increasing access to quality rehabilitation services and strengthening referral with the health system.
- ATscale project: Strengthening government capacity in increasing access and improving management of Assistive Technology (AT) services in Cambodia.
- Development And Risk Management (DARM) project: supporting long-term development and risk management of the Cambodian Self-Help Demining Organization.
- Accessibility project: accessibility promotion for an Inclusive and Supportive Environment for All. The accessibility project promotes and disseminates the national accessibility guidelines, as well as disability inclusion.
HI is recruiting one qualified candidate to fulfill the following post:
Position: Rehabilitation Technical Officer
Location: Phnom Penh (with regular travel to all other provinces)
Contract Type: Unspecified Duration Contract (UDC)
Working Schedule: Full time (40 hours per week)
Expected starting date: 01-Aug-2023
Salary and Benefit Package: Salary start from USD 827 (based on experience) and other benefits are in accordance with HI’s remuneration policy.
Under the responsibility of the Project Manager or Specialist, the Rehabilitation Technical Officer contributes to the implementation of Humanity & Inclusion’s mandate and 10-year strategy in his or her home country. He/she contributes to the implementation of projects by providing technical expertise and ensuring that the quality and impact of the project(s) concerned is optimised. He works closely with the programme’s technical team.
Missions / responsibilities (*)
Mission 1: Provides guidance and technical support to projects in accordance with the overall technical frameworks and standards within its sectoral perimeter
- Provide appropriate technical guidance and support to project managers and/or specialists;
- Ensure that the project(s) activities are implemented according to internal quality and technical standards and proposes adjustments or improvements if necessary;
- Adapt project documentation as required in accordance with global technical norms and standards;
- Contribute to the regular reporting of the technical activities of its perimeter (collection and analysis of the technical data collected) in conjunction with the project team and the MEAL team;
- If relevant, ensure coordination and collaboration with the technical partners of the project as delegated by the specialist or the project leader;
- Propose Research & Studies Topics;
- Supervise data collection for research activities;
Mission 2: Provides technical learning from projects
- Provides the technical expertise for his/her project;
- Ensure that the activities implemented comply with international technical norms and standards;
- Adapt the project documentation to international technical norms and standards, when necessary;
- Make sure global and field technical specialists get the information they require and collaborates with Technical Divisions when necessary;
- Collect the elements necessary for capitalisation or scientific documentation exercises;
- Contribute to technical learning under the responsibility of the specialist or project manager, based on good practice;
- Responsible of technical learning from projects by drawing on lessons learned and good practices;
- Adjust his/her activities to audit recommendations, if applicable;
- Is in charge of the technical quality and relevance of project activities implemented;
- Appropriate the norms and standards anticipates and prepares for nexus adjustments;
- Propose research & Studies Topics;
- Supervise data collection for research activities;
- Contribute to the terms of reference for evaluations;
- Implement recommendations for improving the technical quality of projects;
- Ensure the technical quality and relevance of project activities implemented within his scope of expertise conduct self-evaluation of his her project and participates to evaluation cycles under the supervision of the PM;
Mission 3: Contributes to the animation of its trade sector
- Contribute to recruitment;
- Contribute to or leads the necessary technical training in his or her field;
- Contribute to the skills upgrading plan for professionals in their sector and may be a third-party assessor;
- Can contribute to the development of a local talent pool within its sectoral perimeter (conducts technical interviews of candidates and makes recommendations, identifies training needs and coaching);
- Help to coordinate technical professional development and facilitate a community of practice, in collaboration with Technical Division. Run technical training for his/her staff when relevant;
- Contribute to design and collect operational data to ensure adequate follow up of the activities or ad-hoc data collection activities, and ensure appropriate measurement of project achievement in his area of expertise;
- Ensure that data process is set and realised in compliance with the rules and principle set by the IM/MEAL and by technical guidance of the sector of his expertise;
Mission 4: Contributes to ensuring HI’s technical influence within its perimeter
- Contribute to the influence of HI’s expertise: can represent HI’s technical expertise in relevant local networks and with local partners;
- If relevant, ensures coordination and collaboration with the technical partners of the project as delegated by the specialist or the project leader;
- Contribute to HI’s external influence by participating in relevant networks;
- Relay and contributes to advocacy messages under her/his scope;
- Draft new project contents for the continuity or expansion of the project under his her technical scope;
- Contribute to the drafting of new proposals for new opportunities under his / her technical scope;
Mission 5: Emergency Preparedness and Response Responsibilities
- Contribute to the support or to the implementation of the program(s) emergency preparedness actions and, during an emergency, adapts his/her work modality to contribute to HI’s effective humanitarian response.
Specific mission: In addition, the Rehabilitation Technical Officer may undertake any other duty requested by his/her line manager that may require for the service/project.
Professional technical skills
- Proficient in professional capacity building;
Shared skills – Sectors of intervention
- Proficient & practices (know-how):
- Intervention strategy – Field Project management;
- Public relations / representation / internal-external communication – Global Program Management;
- Learning lessons from experience and continuous learning – MEAL;
- Project Evaluation – MEAL;
- Strategic analysis – Institutional Partnerships;
- Safe Programming: Risk Management – Protection;
- Norms, legal frameworks, references related to disability – Inclusion;
- Operational partnerships – Field Project management;
Emergency response and preparedness skills
- Proficient & practices (know-how) in Emergency response & Emergency monitoring and preparedness;
- Practices (know-how):
- Frameworks and references;
- Office and collaborative tools;
- Stress management;
- Working together in a global organisation;
- Proficient in English & Khmer with excellent reading, writing, listening & speaking capacity.
- Capable of producing clear, concise and responsible communication suited to the interlocutor.
- Bachelor’s degree with technical background in Physical Rehabilitation (physiotherapy or prosthetics and orthotics or assistive technology or relevant health field);
- At least 3 years of professional experience preferably in physical rehabilitation, assistive technology, disabilities and health project;
- Excellent technical knowledge in disability social inclusion, physical rehabilitation, assistive technology & safeguarding;
How to apply
HI is committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants. HI is committed to the principle of diversity and particularly welcomes applications from people with disabilities and women.
The successful applicant will be expected to comply with HI’s Code of Conduct; Child Protection Policy; Policy on Prevention from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse; Anti-fraud, bribery, and Corruption Policy; and Disability, Gender, and Age Policy.
Applications must be submitted by the 20th June 2023 at 5:00 PM Cambodian time by addressing position title Rehabilitation Project Manager and should include a cover letter addressing the requirements together with a curriculum vitae (maximum of 4 pages), current photo, names and contacts of two professional references (preferably from line managers) that can support your application.
Applications are invited to submit their applications by email: [email protected] .
The position will be closed once a candidate has been identified. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. All application documents will be treated confidentially and will not be returned.
Women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Please details in your application form / cover letter if any specified support in term of disabilities needs.