Position: Country Representative PRF-2304-01001-338
Job Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Iraq
Reporting to: Regional Director
Working area: Erbil, Dohuk, Baghdad
Number of positions open: 1
Last date for application: April 24th 2023
Executive Director, Country Representatives of other SAMS’ offices, Regional Relief Committee Chair.
General objective of the position:
The SAMS Country Representative is the most senior representative for SAMS in a country and is responsible for all aspects of country-office management, including programs, operations, and advocacy.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
Strategic, Leadership and Representation
- Develop a strategic plan to expand SAMS’ programs, including program and operational objectives.
- Ensure the country structure is designed to achieve the strategic plan.
- Ensure the annual operational plan is aligned with regional office strategic goals
- Ensure that SAMS remains a partner of choice for major international donors.
- Seek out and pursue opportunities to raise the profile of SAMS.
- Share with the Regional Director progress on organizational-capacity assessment indicators, internal-control findings, risk management, security, disability policy, safeguarding, and any other requested information
- Foster and manage strong communication lines and collaboration with Regional Office staff and Ensure efficient internal coordination at the regional level.
- At various levels ensure strong representation with government authorities, donors, international organizations, international and local NGOs, and humanitarian networks.
- Represent the SAMS Office on legal matters with authorities
- Ensure compliance with local laws, procedures, and regulations applicable to INGOs.
- Create an annual report on all functions of the country office, including statistics and indicators
- Serve as legal representative for SAMS in the country
- Coordinate the application, submission and follow up on registration, permits, and approval documents needed for SAMS work in the country.
- Ensure program design is based on rigorous assessments.
- Take the lead in designing projects that are evidence-based and aligned with SAMS regional office strategic goals
- Develop a strategy for identifying new funding opportunities, in coordination with Regional Office
- Build strong relationships with government, NGOs, international organizations, donors and relevant private sector organizations to expand and diversify
- Ensure data is collected to monitor program effectiveness and inform implementation, and Ensure quality program evaluations.
- Ensure technical quality measures are implemented in all programs according to SAMS’ technical protocols.
- Ensure donor proposals and reports are of high quality and submitted in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate effective use of remote management strategies.
- Provide monthly general reports to the Regional Director with monthly updates on key performance indicators and a summary of active grants
- Provide detailed quarterly reports to the Regional Director
- Provide all financial reports and budgets to the Regional Director.
- Oversee financial resources and ensure they are effectively managed and adhere to SAMS’ and donor regulations.
- Provide timely and effective oversight of the country program’s financial position.
- Maintain effective and coordinated budget monitoring processes for grant funds and private funds.
- Ensure effective procurement and logistics practices that adhere to SAMS’ and donor regulations.
- Develop and lead a security management system to protect SAMS’ staff and assets.
- Implement security protocols and policies, and be responsible for the overall security in the office.
Staff Management and Performance
- Ensure human resource system is in place, such as job descriptions, performance objectives, performance management, recruitment and retention strategy, benefit policy, and salary scales.
- Manage HR manpower including job requisition approvals, oversight and use of allowances,
- Consult with the Regional Director on changes regarding the annual performance system and annual increment rates.
- Ensure human resource policies adhere to local government regulations.
- Ensure human resource work instruction is effective and implemented according to SAMS’ HR Regional Manual.
- In coordination with the Regional Director, oversee the recruitment for the positions of Manager, Senior Manager.
- Consult the Regional Director with the annual salary scale review, amendments in JDs, and any structural modifications.
- Oversee the management, coaching, and development of staff to build a cadre of skilled, committed and motivated personnel.
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being. Model healthy work-life balance practices.
- Supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and leading documented annual performance reviews.
- Ensure all country office departments/sections have clear and functional SOPs
- Ensure all country office operations adhere to SAMS’ policies, donor policies, and applicable local laws
- Manage PSEA and other investigative internal issues and report to the Regional Director.
- Manage all complaints and ensure accountability among all stakeholders of the complaints.
- Participate and support the team during audits.
THE CANDIDATE’S REQUIREMENTS
Mandatory Qualifications required
- University degree in any related field.
- a Master degree is an added advantage
- 7 years of experience in Managerial Position, desirable 10 years
- Fluent written and spoken in Arabic
- Fluent written and spoken in English
- Organizational Knowledge
- Strategic Networking
- Strategic Thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How to apply
The salary will be defined regarding the SAMS Turkey Office salary scale on-going.