International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: COVID 19 RESPONSE National Specialist, Latin American and Carabibbean Region, UNICEF ACT A Program Worldwide
Department/Location: Social, Economic, and Agricultural Development (SEAD) Practice
Reports To: Project Director
Type: Temporary intermittent for three months
Clearance Required: N/A
International Business and Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a US-based international development consulting company, is seeking a COVID 19 Response National Specialist to be part of a team of experts evaluating UNICEF’s contribution to a global program to expand and accelerate equitable access to COVID-19 supplies and tools and which was implemented from 2020 through 2022. The evaluation will focus on UNICEF’s involvement in addressing the need of supplies to support the prevention, diagnostics, and treatment of COVID 19 worldwide. Community involvement and social and behavior change elements were part of the UNICEF support provided. Issues to be covered may include timeliness of the response, monitoring and verification systems put in place to track program performance in a given country, effect of moving restrictions put in place by country policies, etc. Given that UNICEF’s target population is children, the evaluation will address who UNICEF’s support reduced COVID 19 impacts among children. The results of the evaluation will inform discussions on the global health architecture required for future pandemics and help define UNICEF’s eventual contribution.
Implementation of the Evaluation
- Serve as the national COVID 19 Response Specialist in country of residence to participate in a team of experts evaluating UNICEF’s COVID 19 response in Haiti and/or Venezuela.
- Collect local documents and data to help determine program performance at the national level given the challenges of addressing the pandemic in each one of the countries of interest.
- Contribute to an inception report.
- Prepare summaries of documentation related to COIV 19 programming in country of residence covering different aspects of the evaluation including relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, coherence and/or sustainability.
- Participate in conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses to develop a profile of the UNICEF supported WASH program implemented in the country of residence.
- Verify project accomplishments in program sites in country of residence.
- Identify gaps in secondary data and/or data obtained via site verification to inform areas of further inquiry via key informant interviews.
- Contribute to the design tools or sections of tools to conduct key informant interviews among stakeholders.
- Identify stakeholders to interview in country of residence to fill gaps detected via secondary analysis and site visits.
- Accompany core team of evaluators during country visits conducted by core team of evaluators as required to interview stakeholders.
- Draft country profile report
- Contribute to drafting presentations and present findings in areas of the consultant’s expertise.
- Participate in the dissemination of findings as required.
- 5 years of experience conducting evaluations of health sector programs in developing countries.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, implementing and/or evaluating health sector programs, especially those dealing with epidemics or immunization programs.
- Familiarity with WASH in schools programming.
- Strong ability to interact with a wide range of stakeholders at different levels of donor agencies and country governments officials responsible for activities in emergencies and/or immunization programming.
- Familiarity with the UN system and UNICEF investment in Latin America.
- Residence in one of the following countries: Haiti or Venezuela.
- Advanced degree in program management, global health, emergency assistance, health economics, development economics, or related field.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent research methodology skills.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills.
- Familiarity with remote data collection approaches/techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in French/Spanish language skills necessary.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Work conducted in the country of residence where work authorization or citizenship is required. US visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education & human capacity development, energy & infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page, https://careers.ibtci.com/jobs).