Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Project Assistant (Medical)
Duty Station: San Salvador
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G5
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed Term with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: April 4th,2023
Reference Code: VN 2023/020 SV
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Movement Operations Manager, and the direct supervision of the Deputy Migration Health Coordinator, the incumbent will be based in San Salvador and will have the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Track all cases granted Parolee status.
- Track all linked Parolee cases to ensure they complete all processing steps together.
- Liaise with USCIS on parolee linked cases and add-ons.
- Contact beneficiaries and Panel Physicians to schedule medical exams for Parolee cases.
- Ensure the Panel Physicians schedule timely medical assessment appointments for parolees to avoid backlogs, assist in monitoring the medical pipeline.
- Review medical forms, medical invoices and referrals, and confirm follow up and travel requirements with the Movement Operations Unit and the panel physicians.
- Scan/copy/encrypt/store the medical examinations and share with USCIS.
- In coordination with the Movement Operations Unit and panel physicians, ensure follow-up and treatment plans for medical cases based on the results of the initial health assessment.
- Coordinate pre-departure medical arrangements such as: pre-departureevaluation and COVID19 tests.
- When required for travel, arrange necessary treatment for stabilization purposes;
- In coordination with the Deputy Migration Health Coordinator, assist with travel requirements and completion of relevant MEDIF/MEDA medical forms with the airlines, assist IOM Movement Operations in all travel arrangements required for complex medical cases.
- Develop tracking mechanisms for various cases and case scenarios in Excel.
- Provide management with statistics regularly and as required.
- Create SOPs and/or provide timely input to the supervisor for updating the SOPs.
- Ensure security, order, and confidentiality of all interactions and transaction according to IOM Guidelines, USCIS Statement of Work and PRM Program Announcement 2005-11 Revised Guidance on Confidentiality of State Department Refugee Records as well as relevant subsequent updates.
- Remain professional, impartial, and unbiased during all interactions with applicants.
- Any other tasks assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience:
- University degree in Political Science, International Relations, Social Science or – other related field. – Excellent command of English; able to write e-mails and reports coherently in a – timely manner. – Attention to detail and ability to organize. – Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Software package. – Strong interpersonal and communication skills – Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
Fluency in Spanish and English (oral and written)
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible. – Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct. – Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results. – Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes. – Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate. – Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work. – Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested internal candidates are invited to submit their applications by completing and sending the Internal Application Form (form attached), a letter of interest, and a CV to the following e-mail address: [email protected] by April 4th,2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Resume and a letter of interest to [email protected] by April 4th,2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Any offer made to the candidates in relation to this vacancy is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
KEEP IN MIND:
- The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. It should state the position(s) you are applying for
- The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and in English.
- Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken into consideration.
- Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name of the position, will not be considered.
- This vacancy is open for local staff or international staff with legal permit to work in the Country.
- The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB.