Job Title: Field Health program Coordinator – Syria
Effective date: May 31, 2023
Job Code: SY14
MedGlobal is a global humanitarian non-profit organization providing medical and health education services to people in need, including refugees and displaced persons, in disaster and underserved regions. The organization is composed of medical and public health professionals of diverse backgrounds.
CODE OF CONDUCT
MedGlobal Code of Conduct reflects the profession’s core set of beliefs and values of care, respect, trust, and integrity. These beliefs and values are fundamental to MedGlobal employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, officers’ coordinators, and directors to guide their practice and conduct.
The Code is organized into categories, as follows:
- Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity, and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, color, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
- Provide a positive and valued experience for those receiving service within and outside MedGlobal
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to MedGlobal, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work.
MedGlobal is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
DISCRIMINATION, ABUSE AND HARASSMENT POLICY
MedGlobal provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. MedGlobal employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside the organization.
Has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Overall monitoring and successful implementation of the Health Program.
- Development of work plans and budget management in collaboration with the Finance Manager, based on program outputs and results, and in close coordination with the health program manager, provide recommendations for corrective measures/modifications in accordance with program needs and donor regulations
- Manage his or her teams to complete program goals on time and within budget, and ensure that his or her team is aware of their roles and responsibilities. Regular program performance meetings (weekly/biweekly) with direct reports to discuss progress, challenges, and necessary corrective measures, as well as group discussions with all health staff on a monthly basis to discuss the overall performance of the program and needed support/challenges.
- Make plan for the purchase of needed supplies during Staff Training and restock
- Take the lead in representing MG at key Health stakeholder or coordination meetings, and keep a good, consistent, and visible presence for MG.
- Ensures the quality of treatments and care in the service, identifies areas for improvement, and determines the best method to address them in collaboration with the Medical focal points.
- plan and lead the delivery of trainings to HFs staff based on the existing/new health SoPs and standards and best practices.
- Collaborate constructively with support teams to ensure sound administrative practices in terms of record keeping, compliance with MG and donor regulations, communications, and so on, including staff recruitment, procurements (running cost management), drug management from a logistical standpoint, and other program expenses.
- Assess humanitarian needs of Syrian conflict-affected populations in collaboration with the Health Program Manager, collecting input from technical leads and primary sources.
- Any other duties requiring from his/her supervisor
- University degree, At least 3-year experience as Medical supervisor
- Work experience in, in public health, obstetric or gynecology, pediatrics, ER medicine, ,
general medicine or surgery is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Fluency in Arabic and English.
- Working experience with an information system will be an advantage.
- Good customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Professional in handling sensitive data.
- Flexible to adapt to changing priorities
How to apply
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The applications will be reviewed and candidates will be selected irrespective of the expiration of the application period.