Position: PSS Worker PRF-2303-01029-336 (Rapid Recruitment)
Job Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Reporting to: Psychologist – Project Officer
Working area: Gaziantep, Turkey
Number of positions open: 4
Contract Duration: 5 Months
Last date for application: April 24, 2023
psychologist, PSS workers, MHPSS staff
General objective of the position:
The role of the Psycho-social Support Workers is to provide Psycho-social service through comprehensive assessment, recovery planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual needs and additional ways of support in additional to conducting outreach visits in the community on a regular basis.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Working affectively with the other MHPSS team members to ensure a high quality of work with full respect of the Humanitarian Work Principles.
- Supporting the beneficiaries with creating their recovery plan (with step by step recovery goals) based on the needs and problems, in addition to the continuous follow up according to their care plans.
- Participating in linking the beneficiaries with the suitable services to their needs when it exceeds the PSS Workers skills (Referral system and monitoring the internal and external referrals done) including the coordination with other service providers to fulfill the additional needs of the beneficiaries.
- Providing the needed psycho-education to the beneficiaries and their care givers and family members.
- Building the PSS support based on the beneficiaries’ strengths and supportive real elements in their lives.
- Taking in consideration the reported evaluations of Beneficiaries’ satisfaction into consideration to improve the PSS service quality.
- Ensuring the confidentiality of beneficiaries’ information documented in the assessment forms and the clinical soft and hard copies with ensuring good quality of documentation of the beneficiaries’ files and information.
- Participating in the ongoing group and individual technical supervision sessions.
- Providing weekly/monthly regular updates and reports to the supervisor.
- Participating in raising awareness regarding the MHPSS disorders and the rights of people who suffer from them on both individual and the community level.
- Conducting outreach visits to the communities in Gaziantep on a regular basis.
- Active participation in advocacy campaigns and celebration of world days related to MHPSS such as (World Mental Health Day, international Day for people with disability…etc.).
- Facilitating group activities for beneficiaries and group activities of care providers of the beneficiaries.
THE CANDIDATE’S REQUIREMENTS
Mandatory Qualifications required
- University degree in Psychological counseling / Psychology or any related field of study.
- Minimum one year experience in counseling and psychology.
- Fluent written and spoken in Arabic and Turkish
- Remote Management Tools and Techniques
- MS – Excel
- MS – Word
How to apply
Interested candidates may please send their resume and:
The contract duration is 5 months. The salary will be defined regarding the SAMS Turkey Office salary scale on-going.
This recruitment process is rapid recruitment: Note. Due to the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. Applications will be assessed as per received and vacancy might be closed before the end of the announcement as per qualifications availability.