humedica eV is a non-denominational, internationally operating organization based in Kaufbeuren (Bavaria), which currently employs more than 60 people. Other specialists and executives work for us at several locations worldwide. One focus of our global commitment is medical disaster relief.
If you are a creative team player, appreciate lean structures and flat hierarchies with corresponding development opportunities and would like to use your passion for people in need, we are looking for you as of now
Group leader for emergency and disaster relief (m/f/d) full-time
(Temporary position for parental leave replacement with the possibility of being taken over)
HERE YOU ARE IN DEMAND
You are assigned to the International Programs & Cooperation (IPZ) department and look after the Emergency & Disaster Relief (NuK) group at our headquarters in Kaufbeuren.
- Overall responsibility for conception, planning, control and management of assignments within the framework of medical NuK
- Supervision and further development of the area of application of the NuK, in particular the “Emergency Medical Teams” (EMT) according to WHO standards
- Instructions for the WHO reclassification of humedica as an EMT in 2024
- Quality assurance and professionalization processes in medical emergency aid
- Financial management with governmental and non-governmental sponsors
- Cooperation with national & international cooperation partners
- Management of a small team of four people
- Effective interface management with the specialist departments involved
- Supervision and conception of relevant training in the field of NuK
You want to support people in need with your expertise, ambition and Christian conviction at humedica. They are very well trained and bring a high level of motivation, but above all invincible passion. You look forward to a working day that is characterized by harmonious cooperation. You also have:
- Medical training or studies in the field of public health management, health management, development cooperation or similar.
- Good knowledge of the WHO EMT initiative, particularly the medical, logistical and humanitarian aspects
- At least 3 years of professional experience as a team leader in humanitarian aid
- At least 1 year professional experience abroad and intercultural competence
- Knowledge of English at least C1 & another foreign language (FR or ESP desired)
- Class 3 driver’s license
HAVE WE PIQUED YOUR INTEREST?
We offer you a modern workplace in the Allgäu, close to the metropolis of Munich and the cities of Kempten and Augsburg. Team spirit and collegiality are not empty phrases for us. You can expect a versatile, demanding and varied job in a committed team. humedica is characterized by performance-related payment, mobile working and other benefits such as a company pension scheme.
We look forward to receiving your application documents. Let your actions speak for themselves and make us curious. Please apply preferably electronically, stating your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations.
[email protected] · 08341 – 966 148 0
humedica e. V. Goldstrasse 8 87600 Kaufbeuren