We are seeking a Health and Nutrition Program Manager to serve in our office in Aden, Yemen. In this role you are responsible for managing the implementation and design of nutrition projects on behalf of Samaritan’s Purse in Yemen. You will be the primary point of contact for partners on the ground as well as donors on nutrition programs, and will advise leadership and staff on accepted local practices and rules. This is a tremendous opportunity to make an immediate impact!
In the role of Health and Nutrition Program Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage a team of national staff doctors, nurses, nutrition officers, and nutrition assistants to deliver excellent outpatient health and nutrition care.
- Ensure the daily field-level execution of Health and Nutrition programs against all set objectives and targets within the agreed budgets and timeframes.
- Coordinate with other health and nutrition partners to establish a referral mechanism.
- Ensure that all treatment pathways are within the context of approved government standards of care, as well as Samaritan’s Purse pre-determined mandate for the health and nutrition programing.
- Establish reporting procedures and formats, and prepare reports for management and donors.
- Support the Country Director and other relevant program staff to create carefully constructed proposals and budgets for new projects/extension of projects in the health and nutrition sector.
- Represent Samaritan’s Purse to local donor representatives, to include UN agencies and USAID/OFDA, Government Authorities, and all relevant stakeholders, ensuring that plans and proposals address critical needs and meet donor criteria for provision of funding.
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Public Health, or Nutrition and three (3) to five (5) years health or nutrition programming experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced university degree (M.Sc./B.Sc.) in Nursing, Public Health or Nutrition highly preferred.
- Management and capacity building experience of national staff in NGO programming preferred.
- One (1) to two (2) years previous international public health experience, preferably in health and nutrition programming preferred.
- Strong coordination skills, flexibility, adaptability, and patience.
- Facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity to cultural differences.
Job Location: Aden, Yemen
**Language Requirement:**Fluency in English (required); Arabic strongly preferred
Travel Expectations: Required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary.
- International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays
- 12 vacation/personal days
- 10 sick days
- When at IHQ, on-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)
How to apply
**All applications should be submitted in English**