ACCESS TO HEALTH AND RIGHTS DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVE (AHRDI)
Access to health and rights development initiative is a non for profit organization aimed at contributing to the improvement of lives of the marginalized persons in Nigeria towards access to healthcare services, rights, safety and education through strong activism, advocacy, vocational training and sensitization, which also includes providing a safe platform for the response to the health challenges faced by marginalized groups and individuals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Care and Support Nurse
Location: Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State
Employment Type: Full Time
- S/he will provide technical support primarily in the area of Community based HIV Care & Support for project beneficiaries affected by HIV.
- S/he will be responsible for strengthening the linkages between the community-based care activities and health facilities providing HIV treatment towards ensuring a continuum of care.
- S/he will also support the strengthening of the capacity of implementing in the area of HIV prevention awareness creation, community mobilization for HIV counselling and testing, improving referral and counter-referral systems between communities and facilities. In addition,
- s/he will support the implementation of evidence-based interventions aimed at addressing HIV risk behaviors, HIV transmission, and gender-based violence
- Link all identified HIV positive beneficiaries to HIV treatment care and support service
- Administer quarterly HIV care and support, Nutrition and PHDP checklist as applicable to beneficiaries and refer appropriately.
- Development of “care plan” for vulnerable household.
- Completion of referral forms in line with ART and other services in accordance with identified/required services by the beneficiary
- Provide support to community case workers and other stakeholders.
- Refer and provide escort of beneficiaries to HIV service points for uptake of HIV related services
- Mobilize beneficiaries for community outreaches for HTC and conduct follow up visits to HIV positive beneficiaries for continuous adherence support.
- Participate in monthly LGA level referral coordination meetings.
- Participate in the development of HIV service delivery directory.
- Facilitate at Community case workers HIV prevention Care and Support stepdown trainings.
- Document all HIV prevention care and support activities and report on monthly, quarterly and annually.
Supervision and Mentoring:
- Support Community Case Workers to fill referral forms appropriately
- Provide regular supportive supervision to the Community Case Workers Care and Support staff to ensure adherence to HIV treatment care and support for HIV positive beneficiaries.
Qualifications and Skills
- B.Sc / BA in a relevant health degree, minimum of 2 years professional experience with community-level HIV prevention, Care & Support programs
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with implementing partners, Community Based Organizations, Community case workers
- Experience in supporting Community based HIV Testing and Counselling programs
- Good knowledge of Government of Nigeria HIV Care and Treatment guidelines (Pediatric & Adult)
- Familiarity with OVC programming and principles.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills required.
- Good computer skills; skilled in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Application Closing Date 10th November, 2022
Method for Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application (detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter) electronically to: [email protected] using the position for which you are applying for as the subject of the mail.
- Application and Curriculum Vitae should be mailed as One MS Word Document or PDF Late submissions will not be considered.
- Suitable candidate living in Ado-Ekiti are highly encouraged to apply.