Global IsraAID Roster Profile: HEALTH in emergency field coordinator
IsraAID is an international non-governmental humanitarian aid organization based in Israel. Since we were founded in 2001, our teams have worked in emergency and long-term development settings in more than 55 countries around the world. IsraAID responds to emergencies and helps people affected by crises rebuild their lives, their communities, and their futures, together. From hurricanes to refugee crises to global pandemics, we mobilize quickly and collaborate with communities at the deepest level, accompanying the process of becoming self-reliant in the ability to prepare and respond to emergencies and crises and return to adaptive functioning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Health in Emergency Field Coordinator is the lead Health technical position in the field, taking both technical responsibilities, as well as managerial and programmatic aspects of the program.
The Health in Emergency Field Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the Head of Mission and is supervised technically by IsraAID HQ Health Coordinator.
This is a vacancy announcement to join IsraAID’s Emergency Roster for the profile of: Health in Emergency Field Coordinator.
This is not a full-time position. Once you join IsraAID’s Emergency Roster you will be able to be the first to receive notifications for deployment opportunities to which you can express your interest and availability to deploy.
Your membership in IsraAID’s Emergency Roster has a limited duration to 24 months (2 years) which is automatically extended for the same duration, in case you apply for at least one deployment within the 24 months.
The mission length depends on the needs and differs between missions. The approximate time is between 2-3 months, with the possibility of an extension to 6 months according to mission needs. The specific duration of the mission will be mentioned in the notification that will be sent to the roster.
By joining the roster, you will receive a prioritized opportunity to join IsraAID’s emergency missions globally. We will notify you regarding a position 1-3 weeks in advance.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND COMPETENCIES
- Medical qualification
- Proven experience working in humanitarian/development settings in Health programming
- Displays cultural, geographical, gender, religion, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- Adapts level of language and/or complexity of content to the audience.
- Understands and masters quickly the context and the environment of work.
- Effectively manages own work related to multiple tasks or activities and is independently able to prioritize amongst tasks.
- Ensures respectful, professional and helpful relations with donors and project staff.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Adapts well to a changing environment and demonstrates flexibility.
- Capacity, willingness and skills in team work.
- Experience in working with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.,).
Required: Professionally fluent or native speaker in English (both oral and written)
Any other languages – Advantage
*References will be required upon need.
Steps to join the roster:
Once your application is received and suitability confirmed, we will contact you to set up an introduction session to explain IsraAID’s Health strategy, current global Health programmes and general information on our recruitment and deployments.