Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996.
We are recruiting to fill the position below in our Benue Project:
Job Title: Nursing Team Supervisor (Outreach)
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Type: Indefinite
Main Objective and Responsibility of the Position
- Plan, organize, and evaluate the activities concerning nursing and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and protocols and universal health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the plan of action.
- Carry out the functions and tasks associated to nursing i.e. perform as a nurse whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience.
- Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures, and supervise his/her team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her speciality.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff, in order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality.
- Carry out and/or supervise the (decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their destruction, drugs consumption, etc.)in his or her department, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring that cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output/ outcome and support decision-taking.
- Give feedback/ reports to medical focal point.
MSF Section / Context-Specific Accountabilities
- Nursing team supervisor ensures the running of Nursing activities in Benue outreach and Targeted Primary Health Care sites in conjunction with the Medical Activity Manager (MAM) with possibility to ensure medical coverage of new camps identified and validated by the mission.
- The Nurse Supervisor is required to ensure guidance to the mobile clinic /TPHC teams, to ensure correct diagnosis, prescription and dispensing according to the MSF guidelines and protocols.
- The nurse supervisor is also required to follow-up and provides guidance to the nurses and clinical assistances in ensuring correct weekly demographic data and active surveillance of epidemic prone diseases are collected and shared appropriately with data processing office.
- With support from, MAM, ensure that mobile clinic teams/TPHC (Makurdi and other locations ) have support on a continuous basis to make sure proper follow-up on issues that may arise
- In collaboration with the referral nurse, Nursing Team Supervisor, ensure referral cases are coordinated following procedures and standards guidelines for cases requiring secondary and tertiary health care. Support the referral focal nurse in tracking all referred cases and submitting a monthly referral report.
- Nurse Supervisorensures accurate and timely medical data collection is done by all responsible in the field.
- Collaborate with MAM and MoH for facilitating immunization activities to meet with the mission agreed targets.
- Nurse supervisor should ensure the scheduling duty rosters and shift for the medical team is done and followed weekly and monthly bases and report any issue regarding this for better improvement.
- Attend relevant meetings in the project .
- Promote capacity building, trainings, and coaching national staff under his/her supervision.
- Ensure that all essential drugs are available in the clinics and Targeted Primary Health Care sites.
- Ensure weekly stock count in all sites and place request to pharmacy strorekeeper.
- Carry out regular prescription analysis in collaboration with the pharmacy supervisor to ensure rational use of medication and report results to the MAM.
- Ensure proper registration of medical morbidity and other records. Maintain confidentiality and secure management of medical records.
- Ensures that all staff under their supervision perform their duties observing the MSF policies and in compliance with relevant SOPs of the department. Reports to manager immediately whenever compliance is not or cannot be met.
Requirements (Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge)
To apply for this role applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Education: Specialty (Nurse) Diploma or Degree is essential.
- Experience: Essential: 2 years of previous experience. Having worked in MSF or other NGO’s in a similar position and in developing countries is desirable.
- Languages: Mission and local language Essential, English language is necessary.
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Competencies: Result Oriented, Teamwork, Flexibility, Commitment, Stress management, Team management
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2023 (5:00 PM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Candidates should send their Cover Letter, latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) and photocopies of only necessary Credentials as one document with telephone contact details (daytime) to: [email protected] using “Nursing Team Supervisor (Outreach)” as the subject of the mail.
- Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
- Lastly, only one online application form should be submitted as multiple submissions will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- NO Transportation and/or any allowance will be provided during the recruitment process.
- MSF is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity within the organization.