Health & Nutrition Programme Manager
Purpose of the position:
The health and Nutrition Manager is responsible for planning, implementing, and overseeing the Health and Nutrition programs in SDI while ensuring adherence to SDI’s policies and procedures and ensuring the delivery of required outcomes and outputs in all Health and Nutrition projects according to the requirement of donors and agreed budgets, proposals, and work plans within the specified timelines including effective reporting. The position will involve grants management, preparation of annual plans and project proposals, drafting budgets, and the preparation of interim and final reports. It requires remote management of the field team, coordination with others, communication with donors, local and regional coordination bodies to ensure effective coordination and contribution to cluster and collective humanitarian efforts in the fields of health and Nutrition.
Line Manager: Programs Manager.
Location: Turkey, Gaziantep
Communication and Coordination Structure of the Position:
The Health and Nutrition Programme Manager is responsible for communicating and coordinating with the relevant stakeholders within and outside the Organization related to the Sector mentioned, including but not limited to:
- Support departments, including HR, Supply Chian, Media, Partnership, MEAL….etc.
- Donors and Partners.
- Management of Syria office.
- Heads of Health Facilities of SDI.
- Contribute to the development of SDI health and nutrition strategy in Syria.
- Provide technical support and supervision to the Health and Nutrition team for program design, proposal development, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation while ensuring high quality of program implementation.
- Provide technical supervision and guidance to all SDI health and nutrition projects, including financial requirements.
- Ensure the health and nutrition program is consistent with the national and international standardized protocols, policies and guidelines.
- Liaise with local civil and health authorities, other actors, UN agencies, NGOs, and donors at the national and field site levels.
- Ensure accurate data collection and reporting are submitted in a timely manner for all activities within the health and nutrition program.
- Follow up medical and nutrition issues and share information with the HQ in Istanbul.
- Participate in the monitoring on regular basis of the different components of the program and to set up corrective measures as necessary.
- Review all reports prepared by the staff and ensure that reports are written and submitted to donors in a timely manner.
- Monitor the security situation in the areas of intervention.
- Proactively participate in relevant coordination meetings and in all relevant technical working groups.
- Following the proper implementation of the project’s objectives and work plan.
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports as needed.
- Follow up, support, monitor, and coach the employees while implementing the projects.
- Represent SDI in meetings related to the health and nutrition sectors with partners, donors, cluster meetings, technical working groups…etc.
- Plan and implement health and nutrition projects according to SDI and donors’ guidelines and standards.
- Ensuring the quality and safety of implementation, including adherence to technical guidelines, administrative regulations, and established deadlines.
- Preparing proposals for projects in the relevant sectors.
- Preparing internal and external reports for NGOs and donors, including spending plans and status reports.
- Preparing project budgets in cooperation with the financial department and the line manager as needed.
- Conducting questionnaires, surveys and analyzing information (such as needs assessment).
- Follow up on the implementation of projects and activities, provide technical and administrative guidance, and find appropriate solutions to the challenges.
- Developing a risk management plan to reduce project risks.
- Ensure proper Archiving of projects Documentation, including reports, budget, and other related documents.
- Representing the institution and partners, coordinating with them as needed, and attending all meetings related to the sector.
- Developing quality plans for projects to provide health services and nutritional care, with the aim of reducing gaps and ensuring the quality of services.
Competencies of the position:
Education and Training:
University degree (Human Medicine، Pharmacy or paramedical profile, knowledge in public health).
Knowledge of public health aspects of Primary Health Care, SRH, IYCF, and CMAM.
- At least five-year experience in similar positions working in the humanitarian sector.
- At least one year of experience in team management.
- Working experiences in public health and in managing health welfare in communities.
- Experience in supervising Health Promotion activities and some basic mental health activities.
- Full professional proficiency in English and Arabic, both spoken and written.
SDI Commitment on Child Safeguarding – CPS
Actions of Child abuse and exportation violate the universally recognized international legal norms and standards. Thus, SDI considers such actions as serious misconduct, which will constitute grounds for major measures, including summary dismissal and criminal prosecution. SDI prohibits sexual exploitation and abuse of Children and proved cases of such will be meet with Zero tolerance by SDI management.
SDI is an organization working with vulnerable populations, including children, both directly and indirectly. Thus, SDI has a moral responsibility and a duty to protect children within the population that we serve from both intentional and unintentional harm. SDI understands that all staff needs to be aware of this policy even though many of the staff may never have unaccompanied contact with children or young people through their work. It is not possible to eliminate risk entirely, but we are obliged to develop strategies and mechanisms to reduce the risk.
SDI Commitment on Protection of Sexual exportation and Abuse – PSEA
The actions of SEA violate the universally recognized international legal norms and standards. Thus, SDI considers such actions as serious misconduct, which will constitute grounds for major measures, including summary dismissal and criminal prosecution. SDI prohibits sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), and proved cases of such will be meet with Zero tolerance by SDI management.
To the end of meeting with the fundamental values of SDI, this policy is designed to address the behavior of SDI staff, and its collaborators toward the served population and to protect vulnerable populations within the communities served by SDI from any acts of sexual exploitation and abuse which is considered as an element of the accountability that SDI holds towards the served communities.
SDI Commitment on Protection of Sexual Harassments and discrimination – PSHH
The actions of SHH violate the ethical norms and damages the team spirit. Thus, SDI considers such actions as serious misconduct, which will constitute grounds for major measures, including summary dismissal and criminal prosecution if relevant. SDI prohibits SHH, and proved cases of such will be meet with Zero tolerance by SDI management.
To the end of meeting with the fundamental values of SDI, this policy is designed to address the behavior of SDI staff and its collaborators towards one another and to protect staff within the environment of SDI from any acts of sexual harassment and harassment which is considered as an element of the accountability that SDI holds towards its staff.
· The position holder is required to commit to SDI’s safeguarding policy, as we will do rigorous background checks to ensure that children are protected from any kind of abuse.
· The position holder is also required to carry out his duties in accordance with SDI anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
no later than 24-Apr-2023
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SDI reserves the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. SDI has the right to close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate, and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.