Agaji Global Unity Foundation (AGUF) is an impartial, neutral, and independent Non-Governmental Organization whose mission exclusively established to promote life in underserved communities through empowering communities to know and protect lives including their environment towards ensuring safe habitation through participatory methodology. AGUF was established in 2008 but was incorporated in the year 2013 with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). AGUF exists to partner with government and relevant agencies to promote and strengthen humanitarian law and a universal principle that seeks to honor the dignity of mankind with support and believe that Life is worth living and living well.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hygiene Promotion Volunteer (HPV)
Location: Yola South LGA, Adamawa
Employment Type: Contract
Job Summary & Overview
- Agaji Global Unity Foundation secured funding from the Nigeria Humanitarian Fund (NHF) 1st Standard Allocation in November 2022 with support from UNOCHA, to implement and deliver WASH project in Yola South LGA of Adamawa State, with the project title:
- “Improving Access to Safe and Equitable Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Services to IDPs and Returnees in Yola South LGA of Adamawa State”.
- We are therefore seeking to recruit and engage competent and experienced Hygiene Promotion Volunteers (HPVs)that will facilitate and conduct Hygiene Promotion sessions in schools, Health Centers and some selected IDPs host communities in Yola South LGA of Adamawa State.
- The project is aimed at sensitising the populace in the target location on the benefits of practising and maintaining good personal and environmntal hygiene, thereby averting diseases, and to improve their health status..
The Hygiene Promotion Volunteers (HPVs) will be reuired to undertake the following activities:
- Facilitate House-to-House Hygiene Promotion sessions in some selected IDPs host communities/locations inYola South LGA.
- Facilitate Mass sessions Hygiene Promotion in some selected IDPs host communities/locations inYola South LGA
- Facilitate Hygiene Promotion sessions in institutions (Schools, Health Centers, Markets, Motor Parks, Highway eateris, etc) in some selected IDPs host communities/locations inYola South LGA
- Distribute IEC materials with Hygiene Promotion messages to people in Yola South LGA.
- Distribute WASH NFIs to vulnerable Households to improve their health conditions.
- Daily reporting of persons reached with Hygiene Promotion messages, through hygiene promotion sessions, distribution of IEC materials and distribution of WASH NFIs,to the Program Manager of AGUF.
Qualifications and Experience Required
All eligible and interested applicants are expected to possess the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Public Health, Social Sciences, Sanitary Science, or other relevant field of study.
- HND in a relevant field of study.
- Field experience is an asset
- NCE or OND in relevant field of study. Field experience is an asset.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience with a reputable NGO, INGO or CSO.
- Applicant MUST BE resident in Adamawa State. (Residency within the target locations is a plus).
Application Closing Date
19th April, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send / submit their Applications and attach their Resume and Cover Letter to “AGUF” via: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Applicants are also required to submit the hard copies of their Resume, Cover Letter and Hand written application to the office of Agaji Global Unity Foundation (AGUF), located at:
MM #5 Crescent,
Off Gibson Jalo Way, Along Army Barracks,
Jimeta, Adamawa State.
- Kindly be informed that only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for interview.
- Competent and Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.