Agaji Global Unity Foundation (AGUF) is an impartial National Non-Governmental Organization (NNGO) whose mission was exclusively established to promote life in underserved communities through empowering communities to know and protect lives including their environment towards ensuring safe habitation through participatory methodology.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chlorinator / Disinfector
Location: Yola South LGA, Adamawa
Employment Type: Contract
- Agaji Global Unity Foundation secured funding from the Nigeria Humanitarian Fund (NHF) 1st Standard Allocation in November 2022, with support from UNOCHA, to implement and deliver WASH project in Yola South LGA of Adamawa State, with the project title: “Improving Access to Safe and Equitable Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Services to IDPs and Returnees in Yola South LGA of Adamawa State”.
- AGUF is therefore seeking to recruit and engage competent and experienced Chlorinators/Disinfectors that will undertake the Chlorination of contaminated water points, Disinfection of contaminated surroundings and envirnments in some selected IDPs host communities/locatios in Yola South LGA of Adamawa State.
- The project is aimed at providing and delivering a healthy water for drinking and other domestic purposes and also ensuring that the populace in the affected communites/locations live in a healthy and safe environment; free of contaminants and diseases. This will in turn improve the healthy living conditions of the vulnerable population in the target areas.
The Chlorinators/Disinfectors will be reuired to undertake the following activities:
- Chlorinate water sources/points that are tested to be contaminated with faecal contaminants inYola South LGA.
- Spray and Disinfect the surroundings of water points with water-logged water in Yola South LGA.
- Spray and Disinfect Household latrines in some selected IDPs host locations/communities in Yola South LGA.
- Spray and Disinfect institutional latrines in selected IDPs host locations/communities in Yola South LGA.
- Spray and Disinfect drainages in the selected IDPs host locations/communities and institutions in Yola South LGA.
- Spray and Disinfect public dump sites in the selected IDPs host locations/communities and institutions in Yola South LGA.
- Daily reporting of volume of water chlorinated, number of Households/institutional latrines, drainages and public dump sites disinfected to the Program Manager of AGUF.
Qualification and Experience
All eligible and interested applicants are expected to possess the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Public Health, Social Sciences, Sanitary Science, Engineering, Chemistry or other relevant field of study.
- HND in relevant field of study. Field experience is an asset.
- NCE or OND in relevant field of study. Field experience is an asset.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience with a reputable NNGO, INGO or CSO.
- Applicant MUST BE resident in Adamawa State. Residency within the target locations is a plus.
Application Closing Date
19th April, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter to: [email protected] clearly stating the Job Position applying for as the subject title of the email.
Submit hard copies of their Resume, Cover Letter, and Hand-written application to:
The Office of Agaji Global Unity Foundation (AGUF),
MM #5 Crescent, off Gibson Jalo Way,
Along Army Barracks, Jimeta,
Note: Kindly be informed that only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for interview.