Damien Foundation (DFB), Nigeria Project is a charitable Non-Governmental Medical Organization involved in Leprosy and Tuberculosis Control activities in Nigeria since early 90s. The foundation is very popular with her achievement in pioneering Multi-Drug Resistance Tuberculosis (MDR-TB) treatment in the country. She initiated the MDR -TB treatment in collaboration with University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan in June 2010 and recorded a high treatment success rate.
In over 25 years of operation in Nigeria, the foundation has impacted lives of several Persons Affected with Leprosy (PALs) through free reconstructive surgeries, free prostheses, mobile clinics, social reintegration and social supports to both PALs and their families. Currently, Damien Foundation Nigeria covers a population of over 56 million across nine States (Oyo, Osun, Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Kwara and Ondostates) with technical and financial supports in case detection and management in Tuberculosis and Leprosy. The main character of Damien Foundation is the quality of services, which are delivered in close partnership with the community and the Government.
In order to strengthen the implementation of the Global Fund TB Grant program in Lagos State, we are seeking a qualified person to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (Lagos TB Grant)
Employment Type: Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support and oversight on monitoring and evaluation of the Global Fund project
- Ensure that the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities are in line with the project implementation plan and meets the donor and project’s M&E needs.
- Provide technical support to state officers in ensuring that programmatic data/indicators are accurately captured and reported according to set guidelines.
- Represent and make appropriate presentations to stakeholders at various forum on program achievements and deliverables and other M&E activities
- Support the development and design of the M&E framework, tools and project M&E plans, guidelines and ensure efficient data management processes
- Provide continuous technical lead to project team on data management and regularly analyze state data, highlight important programmatic gaps and coordinate with program management and others in addressing these gaps.
- Conduct routine monitoring and supportive supervisory visits to project sites, including the conduct of data verification and validation and data quality assessments (DQAs) using standard checklists
- Ensure regular maintenance of database/information system, project training database and programmatic progress updates that documents achievements on a regular basis.
- Support monitoring activities to project sites, collation/analysis of monitoring reports for program feedback and decision making
- Conduct operational research activities and participate in project assessments, evaluations, and design teams as applicable.
- Facilitate the preparation/production of project reports,
- Provide technical support to Global Fund project, LSMOH, including development of survey instruments, survey implementation, data analysis and report writing under the guidance of the M&E Manager.
Educational / Experiencerequirement and skills
- Applicants must have a B.Sc / HND in any related field i.e Statistics, Demography, Public Health
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health will be an added advantage.
- Experience: 2-5 years working on Global Fund and TB related project.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in related health fields and programs in developing countries: and working experience with Global Fund projects or any other donor funded programs is desirable.
- Competency in Microsoft Office, SPSS, Epi-Info and STATA
- Applicant’s experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
- Not more than 45 years old.
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.