M&E OFFICER -TURKEY
- INTERVENTION SECTOR(S): Health & Mental Health
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: 25-April-2023
- CONTRACT TYPE: Full Time
- PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT: 1 year, renewable based on performance and funding
- SALARY: $1800
- EDUCATION DEGREE: Bachelor’s Degree
- EDUCATION DEGREE DETAILS: A bachelor’s degree in social science or any relevant degree.
- EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:3 to 5 years
- ARABIC LANGUAGE: Fluent
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE: Fluent
- TURKISH LANGUAGE: Basics
- COUNTRY/CITY: Gaziantep, Turkey
INARA provides life-altering medical care and reconstructive surgery for children (0-18 years) who have injuries due to war, blasts, or unsafe living conditions, and are unable to access or afford treatment. INARA’s work consists of filling the gap in access to free-of-charge medical and surgical treatment. INARA also supports ongoing cases with medication, medical equipment (such as prosthetics, eyeglasses, glass eyes, and hearing aids), laboratory and diagnostic testing, transportation, accommodation prior/post-surgery, and other therapeutic regimens (speech therapy, physiotherapy, and psychotherapy). In addition, INARA provides psychiatric and psychological therapy services to children in need through its in-house mental health program.
A Monitoring and Evaluation Officer manages information and reporting processes to ensure professional, high-quality communication in an organization’s activities and results. An M&E Officer also plays a key role in improving information management and data quality, and in strengthening knowledge sharing and learning across the organization/project.
M&E Officer is also responsible for full-cycle monitoring and evaluation of programs, developing appropriate methodologies and tools to design evaluations and identify any problem before it happens.
Design, maintain, and constantly develop M&E tools and indicators.
- Develop, implement, and assess monitoring frameworks for the project in line with the Donor requirement and in coordination with the program coordinator and senior management.
- Developing the Project’s M&E plan, within the framework of a MEAL approach.
- Facilitate the design of “SMART” objectives, logic models, monitoring frameworks, and evaluation plans during the project planning process.
- Support the fundraising and development coordinator with the information needed for the proposal writing.
- Establish an effective data collection system and reporting forms for capturing quantitative and qualitative information using different tools and examples and not limited o
- Developing the M&E data collection tools (Baseline, Midline, Endline, evaluation surveys (verification and selection), Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM), Focus Group Discussion (FGD), and Key Informant Interviews (KII)).
- Study all project documents (including, but not limited to, the program proposal, log frame (PMF), and work plans).
- Review the program needs and plans, and extract relevant indicators to monitor the outcomes and outputs of the program.
- Identify sources of verification that the program can use. As much as possible, use existing data sources embedded in existing systems.
- Establish an operational manual of the MEAL system that includes the above and guides the project team in processing and evaluating the information.
- Conduct visits to the health facilities and doctors’ clinics with the beneficiaries to make sure the services provided to them meets INARA’s criteria.
Actively support the data collection with the front liners, to ensure that the data collection is performed in a timely manner and in line with the related Guidelines and Plans.
- Train program staff on data collection through the defined M&E tools.
- Conduct field visits and spot-checks for data validation and monitor the quality and completeness of data sets; coordinate data collection at project sites to monitor program development and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data; capture and document lessons learned, and champion the scaling up best practices.
Perform data quality checking and data analysis on a regular basis.
- Ensure the alignment of M&E activities with project goals.
- Contribute to the development of project work plans to identify project targets and ensure the inclusion of M&E activities.
- Maintain existing indicator tracking tools; develop additional databases and tracking tools as needed to demonstrate the effectiveness of project interventions.
- Ensure adherence to specific monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Implement the established M&E system during the life cycle of the project in all phases from the proposal writing to the start-up phase, the implementation period to the end phase.
- Propose new relevant indicators to monitor the outcomes and outputs for all projects in the proposal-writing phase.
- Report to Country Manager and Fundraising and Development Coordinator
- Located in Gaziantep, Turkey the working environment will be a combination of both field and office-based work.
- There may be times when the position holder is required to work on the weekends or evenings and undertake other duties which are broadly in line with the above.
- Two to three years of progressive experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of health programs; or a postgraduate degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, or a related field with at least two to three years of field experience in monitoring and evaluation of health programs is required.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication and reporting skills.
- Competence in Microsoft office, and data collection tools.
- Decision-making skills for acting on policies and strategies.
- Turkish ID holder and legally able to work in Turkey is a must.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your updated CV and a cover letter in English, detailing how you meet the responsibilities and requirements to [email protected], with “M&E Officer – Turkey” as the subject line. CV-only applications will not be considered, submitting a cover letter is required. and only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that INARA does not cover any relocation costs for this position.