About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication, and social marketing- creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
EpiC Project Background:
Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) has been supporting the rollout of the targeted, PrEP campaign targeting young MSM to raise awareness and promote PrEP service update at CBOs’ health centers under the project since the beginning of FY20, the campaign is primarily – though not exclusively – focused on online reach and conversion due to shifting preferences among our target audiences, the potential for greater targeting afforded by online platforms, the (relatively) low cost of online advertising per size of potential audience reached, and the opportunity to test and iterate demand generation approaches quickly in digital spaces.
Starting with “PrEP Me Now” campaign with its focus on highly sexually active MSM/MSW between the ages of 19-35 broadly speaking, with sub-audiences of “well-educated, gay-identified men” and “fitness-driven men” for whom messages will be framed around reduction in HIV risk and healthy lifestyles, respectively. The focus on these two initial groups is intended to help our media agency to rapidly test and refine targeting and message framing strategies so that this “microtargeted” approach can then be applied to other audience segments. The campaign has consistently generated a positive impact toward PrEP uptakes in the previous quarters and has been re-introduced to “The Journey to Your Health” campaign in the beginning of 2021 up to the present day. The campaign is primarily designed to continue to focus on PrEP promotion with the extension to other key services namely “treatment initiation” and “U=U messaging”, specific health content for MSM who engage in Chemsex as an alarming issue in Thai MSM community, “Index-testing” as a main strategy to improve HIV case finding under the project “HIV self-testing” as an alternative testing and strategy available in FY 22.
In FY23, the project aims to continue working on the development and production of media materials to disseminate through project’s existing platforms. In addition, the project will focus on leveraging the performance of the current platform by re-evaluating the performance and identify strengths, weaknesses and opportunities to improve the performance of media towards the target audiences on the issues of U=U, PrEP uptake, PEP and index testing.
The purpose of the project is to create tailored ‘human story’ video
The deliverables of this project will be used on all Social Media Platforms to reach the targeted population. The main aim of the deliverables from this project is to curate visual tools that are specifically made for aiding communications and increase engagement.
Motion Videos that are produced will aid in the better understanding of communication agendas and will also be designed to fit social media platforms which is the main platform of communication.
Worklist and Deliverables:
Work Item/Description and Deliverables:
> Produce high quality videos which highlighting the People Living with HIV (PLHIV) story and promote the ARV uptake which lead to Undetectable = Untransmittable (U=U)
The production includes all process of production from pre to postproduction including but not limited to
- Casting of the PLHIV 4 cast members with support from EpiC Thailand Project
- Research on the target audiences’ preferences and mediums of communication
- Developing of script and storyboard
- Filming the footages and editing (e.g. subtitle, voiceover, color grading, graphic and/or animated elements)
- Testing the materials with target audiences to ensure quality of message and video itself
- Optimizing the final product for public release
- Human story video
- 4 ART and U=U short informative videos
- Target’s audiences’ preferences and mediums of communication report
> Human Story video
This video should highlight the human storyregarding the daily life of 4 PLHIV with U=U status in different path of life. The length of the Human Story video should be consulted with and approved by EpiC Thailand in regards of the findings from the pre-production research or desk-review of existing PLHIV human story video.
Short informative videos
These series of videos should highlight information andshouldnot be longer than 60 to 90 second each. These VIDEOS are NOT related to the human story videos and must focusing on providing information about related topics to the PLHIV. The final topics should be covered these following topics;
- Index testing
- Viral Load
- ARV Treatment
The final deliverables should follow these specific requirements.
- High-definition videos with Full HD (1080p) specification or higher.
- Subtitle in Thai for accessibility.
- The submission should be submitted both in Thai subtitle and final product without any subtitle.
Deliverable Period: All the services need to be submitted to FHI 360 no later than July 31, 2023
- High expertise in media production in any field
- High expertise on develops the HIV and sexual health related creative content is highly desirable
- Having experiences and expertise on content development related to the lifestyle of Man who have sex with man (MSM), Sex worker (SW), and Transgender women (TGW) is highly desirable
- Familiarity with MSM, SW and TGSW context and knowledge of HIV testing, PrEP/PEP, HIV treatment, U=U and Chemsex issue in Thailand for content production is highly desirable
The vender must include the following components:
- Company profile or past portfolio
- Short concepts note expressing idea
- Tentative Timeline of Production
- Quotation of the budget
Method ofDeliverable Submittal:
- Any document files shall be responded via e-mail with attached document in MS Word / PDF format
- The multimedia files should be uploaded on the reliable cloud drive for review
- The vender will be submitted all document to Worapon Rattanawarawong ([email protected])
Timetable and Address for Submission:
- Proposals are due no later than 5:00 PM onFriday – April 1, 2023
- Required documentation listed above must be e-mailed to: [email protected]
Evaluation Criteria: Proposals will be evaluated in accordance with the following criteria:
- Demonstrated understanding of the required technical area: 25%
- Soundness of Social Media approach: 25%
- Demonstration of experience: 10%
- Value for the proposed cost: 25%
- Clarity/professionalism of proposal and communication: 15%
How to apply
Proposals are due no later than 5:00 PM onFriday – April 1, 2023
Required documentation listed above must be e-mailed to: [email protected]