Damien Foundation (DFB), Nigeria Project is a charitable Non-Governmental Medical Organization involved in Leprosy and Tuberculosis Control activities in Nigeria since early 90s. The foundation is very popular with her achievement in pioneering Multi-Drug Resistance Tuberculosis (MDR-TB) treatment in the country. She initiated the MDR – TB treatment in collaboration with University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan in June 2010 and recorded a high treatment success rate.
In over 25 years of operation in Nigeria, the foundation has impacted lives of several Persons Affected with Leprosy (PALs) through free reconstructive surgeries, free prostheses, mobile clinics, social reintegration and social supports to both PALs and their families. Currently, Damien Foundation Nigeria covers a population of over 56 million across nine States (Oyo, Osun, Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Kwara and Ondostates) with technical and financial supports in case detection and management in Tuberculosis and Leprosy. The main character of Damien Foundation is the quality of services, which are delivered in close partnership with the community and the Government.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Adviser
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Program Manager
- Provide technical support for grants implementation which includes monitoring of activities, data quality, tracking the progress of activities and informing staff capacity building initiatives.
- Monitor the key project performance indicators (KPI) throughout the duration of the projects and report monthly to the Program Manager.
- Propose strategies to increase data use and demand amongst Program staff.
- Assist Program staff in clarifying project information needs.
- Supervise M&E Officers and field officers and give weekly update on field activities to the Program Manager.
- Keep abreast of developments in grant/program changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results.
- Patterns in key project performance indicators data and performance reports in order to make recommendations to Program staff.
- Ensure that donor, partner, and Senior Management data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Implement and participate in program and project evaluations
- Support Grants Manager in reviewing donor reports to ensure high quality reports are submitted on time for this grant/program.
- Assist Program Development/Grants Management in establishing log frames, M&E work plans, and targets during the drafting donor project proposals as well as throughout project implementation.
- Review and analyze weekly reports to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
- Use available and developed managerial (tracking) tools for monitoring ,evaluating and reporting.
- Ensure reports of all activities are reviewed before printing and properly filled.
- Collation of all reports and ensures timely submission to the donor agency and other stakeholders.
- Applicants must have a Degree in Medicine (MBBS or MBChB)
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is desirable
- At least 5 years progressive experience working in Tuberculosis-related programmes/projects in Nigeria
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in related health fields and programs in developing countries
- Working experience with GFATM-supported projects or any other donor funded programs is desirable.
- Experience with private, public and community health practice is desirable
- Competency in Microsoft Office, SPSS/Epi-Info or STATA
- Age: Not more Than 45 years
- Applicant’s experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: