Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are recruiting qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Assistant – Pharmacy
Job Category: Fixed Term
- Will provide pharmaceutical care services and support medication adherence counseling services at One-Stop-Shop (OSS) for Key Populations (KPs) and their partners.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for dispensing antiretroviral drugs (ARVs) and other medication in line with approved regimens and standards, provide medication-related counseling, including reinforcing adherence and advising on potential side effects and drug interactions, provide drug information to health service providers and clients on request.
- S/he will identify and support the follow-up of clients who do not return for refills of their ARVs, work with providers and clients to identify, manage, and report adverse drug reactions and drug interactions, contribute to decision making on treatment and care for individual clients and monitor ARV and other drug (STIs, OIs, etc.) stock levels at the OSS and communicate with the project team for re-stocking.
- Also, s/he will contribute to forecasting /quantification of health commodities and monitoring of drug distributions, oversee drug logistics i.e., stock-taking, proper drug storage, drug stock out and monitor the effectiveness of the pull system and assess the functionality of existing pharmaceutical management systems and develop implementation plans that prioritize and address gaps.
Minimum Recruitment standard
- B.Pharm or PharmD Degree with 1-3 years’ experience.
- Familiarity with USAID-funded programs and non-governmental organizations in Nigeria is an advantage.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2023
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview