Salary Range: Please note the typical Hiring range is $64,182 – $80,227 per year. Job offers within the range are based on relevant job qualifications and pay equity.
Responsible for the implementation and technical supervision of all health and nutrition programming at the regional level. Takes the lead in managing health interventions, planning and managing staff, monitoring service quality, drug supply, staff development, reporting and exercises budgetary responsibility.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
Medical Teams International holds strict child and vulnerable adult safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for misconduct related to sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment & selection, hiring decisions will give due emphasis to assessing candidates eligibility thorough background checks, police clearance, and professional reference check processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the Field Coordinator, senior management and field teams to determine operational needs of the health and nutrition program including MHPSS.
- Work with the Health Advisor, Field Coordinator and colleagues to determine new areas of assessment and support the technical design, implementation, and report writing of assessment findings making recommendations for new programming.
- Monitor and evaluate health and nutrition service delivery objectives, indicators and outcomes of regional programs in collaboration with the Health Advisor; Make program adjustments as needed to align with donor and MTI requirements.
- Oversee timely procurement of equipment and adequate drug supply in accordance with consumption needs, national drug protocol and program budget.
- Assist in implementing HR functions related to staff management (hiring, training, promotion, disciplinary action, termination) and ensure training and capacity building of health facility staff based on assessed needs.
- Represent MTI at health and nutrition coordination meetings at sub-national level and as designated for national level cluster meetings, task force meetings and other partner coordination meetings and communicate relevant information back to staff and HQ technical team.
- Maintain relationships as first point of contact with the Ministry of Health and local health authorities, donor technical teams and partners at the sub-national level.
- Act as last line clinical consultation and make recommendations for referrals for specialized care for region of oversight.
- Lead production of site and donor reports including compiling and analysing data, compiling narrative and analysis
- Work with management and partner agencies for outbreak preparedness and contingency planning
- Work with the Health Advisor to develop the sector strategy and project design development for new donor proposals and budgeting processes.
- Ensure direct reports have clear objectives, receive mentorship and participate in capacity building opportunities.
- Conduct performance evaluations and enforce disciplinary procedures as per MTI policy
- Ensure accountability is integrated into country strategies, program design, monitoring and evaluations, recruitment, staff onboarding, trainings and performance management, partnership agreements, and highlighted in reporting.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies. Incumbents wil remain alert and responsive to any child and adult safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child and adult safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Safeguarding code of conduct and behavior expectations.
- Utilizing Volunteers when appropriate
- Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Doctor of medicine (MD) or other relevant clinical degree is required
- Postgraduate training in Public Health is an added advantage
- 4 years of experience in clinical practice relating to primary health care, maternal and child health, reproductive health, [HIV/AIDS] and communicable diseases; inclusive of 2 years at a managerial level is required.
- Experience with an international NGO or UN agency is required.
- Experience in a humanitarian setting outside of home country is desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles and operations and project cycle management
- Knowledge of the Ukraine MoH, WHO and UN health systems and policies
- Basic knowledge of evidenced based practices in health and nutrition in humanitarian settings.
- Basic knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs
- Ukrainian or Russian language skills both verbal and written desired
- Skilled in communications using email, applications including teams, and whatsapp
- Skilled in project cycle management
- Skilled in capacity building and mobilizing staff to achieve a common goal.
- Skilled in relationship building with the ability to liaise with multiple partner agencies.
- Skilled in using Unit 4 ERP, HIS and HMIS database systems.
- Skilled in data analysis and writing proposals and reports.
- Skilled at using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strategic thinker with analytical skills
- Keen interest to mentor others
- Ability to travel to health facilities frequently and at times upon short notice.
- Ability to exercise considerable initiative to plan, organize and follow through to meet deadlines.
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
- Commitment to Medical Teams International Calling Statement and Core Values.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Work hour requirements
- Travel requirements when applicable
- Skilled at building and maintaining a high functioning, high performing work team.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent use of a personal computer, database and digital platforms, and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and computer printer.
- Frequently uses hands, fingers, and arms to reach, handle, touch or feel equipment, medical instruments, materials, computer.
- Frequent communication and exchange of information among colleagues and persons of concern which requires the ability to speak, hear, convey and express oneself.
- Frequent close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally ascends/descends stairs, steps, or ladder
- Occasionally move about inside an office to access file cabinets, office machinery, meet with colleagues, etc.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Seldom to occasionally positions self to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- If in travel status, occasional to frequent traversing over rough or steep terrain in either a motor vehicle or on foot.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
- The employee may be required to travel to remote areas of the world where there are potential health hazards and risks, limited hygiene facilities, extreme weather, and very basic living conditions.
The following information outlines typical benefits available for US-based, regular employees scheduled 30 hours or more per week. Actual benefits may be prorated for other than full-time work.
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible work schedule options
- Life insurance & AD&D
- Generous vacation time (20 days), sick leave (10 days), and 12 paid holidays per year
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Plan
For a full description of our benefits, you can learn more here.
How to apply
Click HERE to apply on our website!
If the link above doesn’t load, please see all our current openings at medicalteams.org/career/