For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
Currently, MdM intervenes in the Northern and Southern parts of Yemen in the governorates of Sanaa, Amanat Alasima, Ibb, Lahj and Abyan. MdM’s strategy is based on 2 key axes:
- providing primary healthcare services, including OPD, vaccination, nutritional care, reproductive health. 16 health facilities are directly supported.
- providing mental healthcare and psychosocial support (MHPSS) in specific healthcare facilities and via a network of CHVs trained in detection and community awareness-raising
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the general coordinator and in collaboration with the health advisor based at HQ, you are in charge of designing, planning, implementing, adapting and monitoring health activities. You directly manage the medical team.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Participate in the definition of the country strategy led by the general coordinator and drive the medical and technical aspects in the development of this strategy
- Design, plan, implement, adapt and monitor the programme’s health activities
- Ensure the quality and relevance of health activities, supervise the collection and analysis of medical data
- Recruit, manage, train, and motivate the medical team
- Ensure the management of pharmaceutical products
- Carry out health needs assessments and evaluations of medical partners
- Cooperate with the administration team regarding budgeting and supervise the medical purchase process
- Represent MdM with authorities, partners and other NGOs on health issues
- Participate in the writing of proposals and reports
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 6 months
Starting date: September 15, 2023
Gross monthly salary: 3362 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 recovery days per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (2.5 days teleworking on average per week) with a minimum of 1 day per week onsite
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
As part of our measures to combat money laundering and financing of terrorism, any selected candidate may be subject to a background check on international sanctions lists (UN, the EU, France, the United States…). This information is handled confidentially and stored on a secure server. For more information on the processing of personal data throughout this process: http://bit.ly/3CSTDYO
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Medical or paramedical background with experience in public health and medical program management
Significant experience in similar positions
Experience in hard negotiations with local authorities, partners and staff in a tricky context
Experience in outbreak management and emergency response
Excellent communication skills, listening and diplomacy skills
Ability to have a global overview of a program (not only on medical aspects)
Ability to make quick decisions according to the context in coordination with the team
Respectful of a very traditional Muslim society
Capacity to work and to live in tense conditions
Team management experience
Good knowledge of Windows (Word, Excel)
Languages: Fluent English and Arabic is mandatory (oral and written), and knowledge of French would be an asset.
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.