Anthrologica (www.anthrologica.com) is a leading research-based specialist in applied anthropology and social science in global health. We conduct formative and operational research across health sectors, focusing on the interface between the provision and uptake of health and related services. Our specific expertise lies in incorporating the needs and perceptions of at risk and affected populations into health policy and programming to ensure that is it contextually relevant and that opportunities for improving health are maximised through the active participation of communities.
Anthrologica seeks a highly motivated applied researcher with significant technical expertise in Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS). The consultant will collaborate closely with the core Anthrologica team, leading MHPSS work on specific projects and applying an MHPSS lens across the organisation’s portfolio. Work will be done primarily from the consultant’s home base (remote) but will involve some travel to conduct primary data collection and meet with stakeholders. This is a flexible, part-time position for 12 months, with the potential to renew.
- Develop and strengthen MHPSS work within Anthrologica
- Provide MHPSS technical expertise and leadership across the organisation’s portfolio
- Conduct research, including desk-based literature reviews/syntheses, primary data collection and analysis
- Write reports and contribute to Anthrologica professional outputs
- Design and deliver training and capacity building related to MHPSS
- Sustain positive working relationships with external partners and stakeholders related to MHPSS
- Postgraduate degree in Psychology or a related social science from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience working on MHPSS related to global health
- Experience conducting research with children, young people, adolescents, and vulnerable groups (desirable)
- Experience related to emergency response and/or humanitarian contexts (desirable)
- Experience leading primary research and working with diverse international teams
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven ability to work under pressure, in complex environments and with a range of stakeholders
- Commitment to produce high quality professional outputs to tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Fluency in English (additional language skills an asset)
How to apply
Submit covering letter, CV / resume, and one or two examples of technical reports demonstrating MHPSS expertise to: [email protected]. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
For the subject line of your submission email please use ‘MHPSS consultant – YOUR NAME’.