Handicap International / Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international solidarity association, which intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflicts and disasters. Working alongside disabled and vulnerable people, she acts and testifies to meet their basic needs and improve their living conditions. It undertakes to promote respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Since its creation in 1982, HI has set up development programs in more than 59 countries and intervenes in numerous emergency situations. Today we have a budget of approximately 230 million euros, with 4705 employees worldwide.
HI is committed to an employment policy in favor of disabled workers.
Find more information about the association: www.hi.org .
To carry out its projects, HI – Atlas Logistique is looking for Pharmacists for missions of at least 3 months in the field.
Atlas Logistique seeks to build up a pool for the various needs.
YOUR MISSION :
Your responsibilities are as follows:
- Assess the pharmaceutical logistics needs of humanitarian actors and conduct feasibility studies when crises occur.
- Carry out risk assessments and regulatory monitoring of pharmaceutical activities with the country’s health and ministerial authorities.
- Plan the operations and implementation of medical logistics activities (storage and transport of drugs and medical products) efficiently and according to priorities.
- Guarantee the quality of the projects and the application of Best Practices for Storage and Distribution on the Logistics Platforms, within a technical framework as validated by the Technical Referents at the head office.
- Develop training materials and train Atlas/HI teams in Good Storage and Distribution Practices.
- Adapt, contextualize and disseminate field procedures and tools; Identify and propose to the operational manager and the Cold Chain Referent operational solutions, tools and documents that can improve the quality of the project.
- Conduct audits and develop technical recommendations; ensure the good administrative, logistical and financial management of the project by ensuring good collaboration with the support services.
- Ensure the administrative follow-up and the monitoring of the activity through the documents and operational management tools.
- Ensure the transfer and capitalization at the end of the opening; at headquarters and field level.
- Represent Atlas within humanitarian coordination mechanisms (Logistics Cluster, Medical Cluster etc.)
- Ensure the technical follow-up of partnerships with medical organizations using the logistics services offered by AL platforms.
- Ensure the follow-up of the project strategy in connection with the field and the head office.
You work in close collaboration with the Cold Chain and Headquarters Platform Technical Referent and the support departments of the mission.
YOUR PROFILE :
- You hold a Doctorate in Pharmacy (Specialization in Pharmaceutical Distribution / Industry or Public Health or Humanitarian DU)
- You have 2 years of experience as a Pharmacist and at least 1 year of experience in the Humanitarian
- You have a perfect command of Good Distribution and Storage Practices for medical products and know the specificities of cold medical products
VOS COMPETENCES :
- You are able to work under pressure and in a volatile security environment
- You have knowledge and mastery of the project cycle
- You have a sense of priorities and responsibilities with strong organizational skills
- You are reactive, flexible and rigorous
- You are problem-solving oriented
- You like working in a multicultural team and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You are fluent in French and English
At HI, the starting conditions are commensurate with your commitment and adapted to the context of your assignment. Particular attention is paid to health issues and your personal situation: https://hi.org/fr/travailler-chez-hi
To find out about our integration and training path, and our mobility policy, click here: https://hi.org/fr/integration-developpement-des-competences-
Creation of a breeding ground
- Conditions to be defined according to the context
- Contract Interde contract minimum 3 months in the field.
- XX months ideally from DD/MM/AAPost unaccompanied
Only selected candidates will be contacted.